Capturing Printer output and display on screen?

Capturing Printer output and display on screen?

Theo Pronk
Does any one know how to setup a printer device in Dolphin that can
capture any printed output from say word, excel and any other program
as graphics and output to a graphic screen.

Displaying the graphics should not be difficult (ie using GDI+ and
PrinterCanvas) assuming the output is feed into a jpg or bitmap.

The hard part is the printer device.

Re: Capturing Printer output and display on screen?

Christopher J. Demers
"Theo Pronk" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Does any one know how to setup a printer device in Dolphin that can
> capture any printed output from say word, excel and any other program
> as graphics and output to a graphic screen.
>
> Displaying the graphics should not be difficult (ie using GDI+ and
> PrinterCanvas) assuming the output is feed into a jpg or bitmap.
>
> The hard part is the printer device.

I suspect that you will need to dive into some Windows API's to accomplish
what you want to do.  As an example, or perhaps as an alternative you might
have a look at PDF Creator,  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ .
You could see what API's they are using, or you could probably use it to
generate a PDF and display that PDF in an embedded Acrobat ActiveX
component.

Chris

Re: Capturing Printer output and display on screen?

Fernando Rodriguez
On 9 May 2005 16:35:18 -0700, "Theo Pronk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Does any one know how to setup a printer device in Dolphin that can
>capture any printed output from say word, excel and any other program
>as graphics and output to a graphic screen.
>
>Displaying the graphics should not be difficult (ie using GDI+ and
>PrinterCanvas) assuming the output is feed into a jpg or bitmap.
>
>The hard part is the printer device.

See if this helps: http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/

Re: Capturing Printer output and display on screen?

Chris Uppal-3
Theo Pronk wrote:

> Does any one know how to setup a printer device in Dolphin that can
> capture any printed output from say word, excel and any other program
> as graphics and output to a graphic screen.

Maybe one of:
    http://www.blackice.com/Printer%20Drivers/EMF%20Printer%20Drivers.htm
    http://www.meta-soft.com/imager/solutions/pcd_color.html
    http://www.miraplacid.com/mp/
would help.  All commercial; the first two seem to be aimed at application
developers -- and priced accordingly -- the last one appears to be aimed at
end-users.

    -- chris