Cargo

NorbertHartl
Here comes my every-no-and-then-inquiry of the status of cargo. Is it in pharo7? Is it usable?

Norbert

Re: Cargo

EstebanLM
hi,

(this is more pharo-dev)

> On 20 Jun 2018, at 08:55, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here comes my every-no-and-then-inquiry of the status of cargo. Is it in pharo7? Is it usable?

1. no
2. so-so :P

and Christophe will provide a better answer, for sure :)

cheers!
Esteban

> Norbert

Re: Cargo

demarey
Hi Norbert,

Sadly, I’m late on this project.
I recently did a model refactoring to Cargo to focus on most wanted features:
- git support
- loadable project (and dependencies) without having a cargo package repository, i.e. only loading code from git repositories
- metacello support : let Cargo use Metacello to load configurations / baselines when no cargo description is available.

I will start very soon to test this new model with Pharo Launcher. If everything is fine, then I hope to integrate Cargo into Pharo 7 so that people can start to play with it and give feedback.
By talking to other people, it looked that Cargo alone, without a compatibility layer with Metacello would be hard to use.

Cheers,
Christophe

> Le 20 juin 2018 à 08:55, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Here comes my every-no-and-then-inquiry of the status of cargo. Is it in pharo7? Is it usable?
>
> Norbert

Re: Cargo

NorbertHartl

> Am 20.06.2018 um 13:39 schrieb Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Norbert,
>
> Sadly, I’m late on this project.
> I recently did a model refactoring to Cargo to focus on most wanted features:
> - git support
> - loadable project (and dependencies) without having a cargo package repository, i.e. only loading code from git repositories
> - metacello support : let Cargo use Metacello to load configurations / baselines when no cargo description is available.
>
> I will start very soon to test this new model with Pharo Launcher. If everything is fine, then I hope to integrate Cargo into Pharo 7 so that people can start to play with it and give feedback.
> By talking to other people, it looked that Cargo alone, without a compatibility layer with Metacello would be hard to use.

And hard to migrate most probably. I‘m really eager to try Cargo for real. So when you have something half-ready and want me to test anything ping me, ok?

Good luck with the new API

Norbert