Cassandra Database access question

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

From: nithiya nithiya <[hidden email]>
Date: December 13, 2010 11:33:59 AM GMT+01:00
Subject: Help me

Sir,

I follow the web link http://miguel.leugim.com.mx/index.php/tag/pharo/.

I installed the Pharo smalltalk for Accessing Cassandra Database.

PharoCore images and thrift0.4.0,cassandra0.6.6 are downloaded.

Can you please help me ,how to load the cassandra.st,thrift.st images in the pharo.

Regards,

Nithya.S

Re: Cassandra Database access question

Miguel Cobá
I already answered his mail personally.

Hasn't heard of his though since then.

I copy paste the answer here:

El lun, 13-12-2010 a las 17:39 +0530, nithiya nithiya escribió:
> Sir,
>
>   I follow the web link
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx/index.php/tag/pharo/.
>   I installed the Pharo smalltalk for Accessing Cassandra Database.
>

>   PharoCore images and thrift0.4.0,cassandra0.6.6 are downloaded.
>
>   Can you please help me ,how to load the cassandra.st,thrift.st
images in the pharo.

Sure, but I prefer to answer this on the Pharo mailing list, so that a
record remains for other users to read.

So, to load a smalltalk file, you need to "file-in" its source code into
the image. This is done in Pharo the following way:
1. Open your image.
2. Open world menu (in linux is left-click)
3. Select the Tools menu
4. Choose the File Browser
5. In the window that appears navigate to the directory where the .st
files are
6. When you select a .st file, the row of buttons on the top of the
window change and show a new filein button. Press it.

This will load the files, compile it and install it on your image.

Hope this help.
Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá