Categorizing methods

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I _think_ I need to create a *this-that method category to put some methods where they belong, I don't see a relevant command, at lest not one that seems to be working.  Is there a trick to it, or am I staring right at it and not realizing it?

Bill

Re: Categorizing methods

Damien Cassou
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I _think_ I need to create a *this-that method category to put some methods where they belong, I don't see a relevant command, at lest not one that seems to be working.

TheClass organization addCategory: 'foo'

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Categorizing methods

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

I am not sure what you mean.  I found no way to set a method category.  There is Move to extend class, but it gave me a walkback.  I might have fixed that; see attached.  If it is correct, we can discuss style and get it put where it can be harvested.

Bill

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I _think_ I need to create a *this-that method category to put some methods where they belong, I don't see a relevant command, at lest not one that seems to be working.

TheClass organization addCategory: 'foo'

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

OBCmdMethodToExtendClass-execute.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Categorizing methods

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I am fairly certain that this is *not* the solution to my problem, but it is a needed fix for something.  That still leaves me wondering how to move a method from Here-There to Here-Elsewhere?

Bill

I am not sure what you mean.  I found no way to set a method category.  There is Move to extend class, but it gave me a walkback.  I might have fixed that; see attached.  If it is correct, we can discuss style and get it put where it can be harvested.

Bill

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I _think_ I need to create a *this-that method category to put some methods where they belong, I don't see a relevant command, at lest not one that seems to be working.

TheClass organization addCategory: 'foo'

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Categorizing methods

Damien Cassou
2009/5/25 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> I am not sure what you mean.  I found no way to set a method category.  There is Move to extend class, but it gave me a walkback.  I might have fixed that; see attached.  If it is correct, we can discuss style and get it put where it can be harvested.

Could you please rephrase your problem completely? I don't understand.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Categorizing methods

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Damien,

I have classes in Alexandria-BibTeX and Alexandria-Seaside.  One class in the BibTeX world is BibTeXDatabase.  It has Magritte #description methods that I would like to classify as part of Alexandria-Seaside, and I cannot figure out how to do it.

Bill

2009/5/25 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> I am not sure what you mean.  I found no way to set a method category.  There is Move to extend class, but it gave me a walkback.  I might have fixed that; see attached.  If it is correct, we can discuss style and get it put where it can be harvested.

Could you please rephrase your problem completely? I don't understand.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular by not having them." James Iry

2009/5/25 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> I am not sure what you mean.  I found no way to set a method category.  There is Move to extend class, but it gave me a walkback.  I might have fixed that; see attached.  If it is correct, we can discuss style and get it put where it can be harvested.

Could you please rephrase your problem completely? I don't understand.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Categorizing methods

cedreek
2009/5/26 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> Damien,
>
> I have classes in Alexandria-BibTeX and Alexandria-Seaside.  One class in the BibTeX world is BibTeXDatabase.  It has Magritte #description methods that I would like to classify as part > of Alexandria-Seaside, and I cannot figure out how to do it.

I think you have to create a new category in BibTexDatabase called
*alexandria-seaside   then implement description in this category.
That's all and when you publish your code, the method description will
be an extension of the Alexandria package.

Hth,

> Bill

Cédrick

Re: Categorizing methods

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Steve.

Ok, the method(??) to where?  I see a tear-off, but it does not appear to want to be dropped anywhere (the package comes to mind).

Bill

2009/5/25 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> I am not sure what you mean.  I found no way to set a method category.  There is Move to extend class, but it gave me a walkback.  I might have fixed that; see attached.  If it is correct, we can discuss style and get it put where it can be harvested.

Could you please rephrase your problem completely? I don't understand.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Categorizing methods

Schwab,Wilhelm K
It finally soaked in - context menu I the category list, create it there, then drag and drop methods to the category.

Thanks!!!

Bill

2009/5/26 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> Damien,
>
> I have classes in Alexandria-BibTeX and Alexandria-Seaside.  One class in the BibTeX world is BibTeXDatabase.  It has Magritte #description methods that I would like to classify as part > of Alexandria-Seaside, and I cannot figure out how to do it.

I think you have to create a new category in BibTexDatabase called
*alexandria-seaside   then implement description in this category.
That's all and when you publish your code, the method description will be an extension of the Alexandria package.

Hth,

> Bill

strange...  shouldn't be that difficult...

-create the category
-select it
-write your method

no need to move it I think

Cheers

2009/5/26 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:

> It finally soaked in - context menu I the category list, create it there, then drag and drop methods to the category.
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Bill

Cédrick