"Chain" to a different image?

Jim Rosenberg
Is there a way from inside Squeak to "chain" to a different image? (I.e. to
load an image whose name is determined by a method of a class in the
current image?)

I'm guessing this has to be handled at the operating system outside of
Squeak ...

-Thanks, Jim

Re: "Chain" to a different image?

Hans-Martin Mosner
Am 03/25/2013 02:27 AM, schrieb Jim Rosenberg:
> Is there a way from inside Squeak to "chain" to a different image? (I.e. to load an image whose name is determined by
> a method of a class in the current image?)
>
> I'm guessing this has to be handled at the operating system outside of Squeak ...
>
> -Thanks, Jim

Yes, the Squeak VM currently does not have a mechanism to do this.
But using OSProcess it's absolutely simple, just like calling any other external command.

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

Re: "Chain" to a different image?

Chris Muller-3
It may not be what you want, but another thing you can do is save the
current image as another name and continue executing.