Chaining Ajax based dialogs

Thelliez
Hello,

How do you open a confirmation dialog in the same window, after users
submit a previously opened modal dialog.

On a modal dialog, I have something like that:

onClick: ( (html jQuery class: 'myForm' ) load serializeForm; html: [
:h | self doSomething. self send. h render: anotherComponent ] );

But the 'anotherComponent' does not get displayed in place of the
current dialog/form.  Instead, the base URL seems to be displayed in
my dialog box.

How do you render the next component in the same window/dialog?

Thanks,
Thierry

Re: Chaining Ajax based dialogs

Thelliez
oops, sorry I pressed Send when I wanted to discard my email.  My
'anotherComponent' is displayed correctly. There is a bug in my
'doSomething' that was in the way.

Thierry

Re: Chaining Ajax based dialogs

Robert Sirois
Hehe nice :p since you posted, I'll just add that you can chain things with a JSScript.. just add pieces to it and then return that object.

ie.
returnQueryOn: html
    | js | js := JSScript new.

    js add: (html jQuery .... ).
    js add: (html jQuery .... ).
    js add: (html jQuery .... ).

    (Carrot thingy that G2 phones don't have) js.

RS