Challenge

Philip Weaver
If no member of this mailing list is exploring any degree of funding to help propel this project, then that is a great tragedy.

There are approximately 110 people on these lists. This issue does not fall to Jens or Dan or Robert. I will allow myself to be challenged and I will welcome the challenge. If no member of this mailing list is exploring any degree of funding to help propel this project or some derivative then that is a great tragedy.

I will email each of you individually if necessary.

Philip Weaver

Re: Challenge

Philip Weaver
On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:45 AM, a Lively Kernel user wrote:

This project is funded by the Hasso Plattner Institut and that is good thing, a very good thing. But I think it would be strange to fund the Hasso Plattner Institut that is funding the lively kernel? (May be in the US that is not uncommon.)

I think there should be created Lively projects that could then  be funded individuallly and mostly independent of the Institute. And if you think about funding by individuals there should  be a Paypal account on the Lively page.

Lively kernel is not so well known in the professional circles and the Hacker community.. May be some CS experts know that project and I know there are some presentations on congresses. (But who is reading proceedings beside some PHD students?) I think there should be more done in advertising, say write articles in journals with some illustrative experiments read by "normal" users. And last but not least I miss the vision. Well, there is the lively factory, but where is the vision for the common user? Funds come with interest in the particular project.

Lively kernel is not so well known in the professional circles and the Hacker community.. May be some CS experts know that project and I know there are some presentations on congresses. (But who is reading proceedings beside some PHD students?) I think there should be more done in advertising, say write articles in journals with some illustrative experiments read by "normal" users. And last but not least I miss the vision. Well, there is the lively factory, but where is the vision for the common user? Funds come with interest in the particular project.

Re: Challenge

Philip Weaver
Re: strange to fund the Hasso Plattner Institut

https://giving.mit.edu/givenow/GiftStart.dyn

Primary issue: cash flow.

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:45 AM, bb <[hidden email]> wrote:
This project is funded by the Hasso Plattner Institut and that is good thing, a very good thing. But I think it would be strange to fund the Hasso Plattner Institut that is funding the lively kernel? (May be in the US that is not uncommon.)

I think there should be created Lively projects that could then  be funded individuallly and mostly independent of the Institute. And if you think about funding by individuals there should  be a Paypal account on the Lively page.

Regards BB