Change Window Size

Lukas Renggli
I am trying to change the window size in a headless build script on
Linux, so that when I open the image on my Mac it appears bigger.

    DisplayScreen depth: DisplayScreen actualScreenDepth width: 1920
height: 1032 fullscreen: false

There is no change though. Any other ideas on how to change the
default VM window size?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Change Window Size

Stéphane Ducasse
did you check if this is not controlled by the info.plist?

Stef

On Apr 24, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> I am trying to change the window size in a headless build script on
> Linux, so that when I open the image on my Mac it appears bigger.
>
>    DisplayScreen depth: DisplayScreen actualScreenDepth width: 1920
> height: 1032 fullscreen: false
>
> There is no change though. Any other ideas on how to change the
> default VM window size?
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Change Window Size

Lukas Renggli
No, there is no such setting.

The window size seems to somehow depend on the Display bitmap.

Lukas

On 24 April 2010 12:37, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> did you check if this is not controlled by the info.plist?
>
> Stef
>
> On Apr 24, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> I am trying to change the window size in a headless build script on
>> Linux, so that when I open the image on my Mac it appears bigger.
>>
>>    DisplayScreen depth: DisplayScreen actualScreenDepth width: 1920
>> height: 1032 fullscreen: false
>>
>> There is no change though. Any other ideas on how to change the
>> default VM window size?
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Change Window Size

johnmci
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3862

 HostWindowPlugin > primitiveHostWindowSizeSet:x:y:

might work on other platforms than the mac,  your milage and support may vary.

On 2010-04-24, at 5:08 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> No, there is no such setting.
>
> The window size seems to somehow depend on the Display bitmap.
>
> Lukas
>
> On 24 April 2010 12:37, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> did you check if this is not controlled by the info.plist?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Apr 24, 2010, at 11:38 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to change the window size in a headless build script on
>>> Linux, so that when I open the image on my Mac it appears bigger.
>>>
>>>    DisplayScreen depth: DisplayScreen actualScreenDepth width: 1920
>>> height: 1032 fullscreen: false
>>>
>>> There is no change though. Any other ideas on how to change the
>>> default VM window size?
>>>
>>> Lukas
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Change Window Size

Lukas Renggli
Thanks for the pointer, the following code works for me:

     HostWindowProxy basicNew primitiveWindowSize: 1 x: 1024 y: 786

The handle 1 seems to be the main window, don't know if this is always the case?

Lukas

2010/4/24 John M McIntosh <[hidden email]>:

> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3862
>
>  HostWindowPlugin > primitiveHostWindowSizeSet:x:y:
>
> might work on other platforms than the mac,  your milage and support may vary.
>
> On 2010-04-24, at 5:08 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> No, there is no such setting.
>>
>> The window size seems to somehow depend on the Display bitmap.
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> On 24 April 2010 12:37, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> did you check if this is not controlled by the info.plist?
>>>
>>> Stef

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

> John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882
> Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Change Window Size

Lukas Renggli
Hmm, doesn't work well on a headless Linux build server. I think I am
gonna try rewiting the image header, or is there anything that would
prevent that from working?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli