Change in news.totallyobjects.com

Long Haired David
There is now an unlimited user license on the news server software so there
should be no more connection failures.

If you do get any problems please report them to [hidden email].

Thanks

--
GO SMALLTALK
David Pennington - [hidden email]

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Change in news.totallyobjects.com

Keith Ray
Would it be possible for totallyobjects.com to take over the mechanices
of moderation of <news:comp.object.moderated>?

My understanding is that the server involved with moderating
comp.object.moderated was mailbombed and otherwise attacked, and it was
never resurrected...

In article
<[hidden email]>,
"David Pennington" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is now an unlimited user license on the news server software so
> there
> should be no more connection failures.
>
> If you do get any problems please report them to [hidden email].
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> GO SMALLTALK
> David Pennington - [hidden email]
> http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource
> Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

Re: Change in news.totallyobjects.com

Robert C. Martin
On Sat, 19 May 2001 15:57:09 GMT, Keith Ray
<k1e2i3t4h5r6a7y@1m2a3c4.5c6o7m> wrote:

>Would it be possible for totallyobjects.com to take over the mechanices
>of moderation of <news:comp.object.moderated>?
>
>My understanding is that the server involved with moderating
>comp.object.moderated was mailbombed and otherwise attacked, and it was
>never resurrected...

That is correct.  I leant one of our systems to the group.  The person
who was maintaining it took a different job and could no longer spare
the time.  When some hackers took it down, it stayed down.  None of
the other moderators were able to pick up the load.  So it died.
Robert C. Martin    | "Uncle Bob"              | Software Consultants
Object Mentor Inc.  | [hidden email] | We'll help you get
PO Box 5757         | Tel: (800) 338-6716      | your projects done.
565 Lakeview Pkwy   | Fax: (847) 573-1658      | www.objectmentor.com
Suite 135           |                          | www.XProgramming.com
Vernon Hills, IL,   | Training and Mentoring   | www.junit.org
60061               | OO, XP, Java, C++, Python|