Change the name of the programer in the image

Change the name of the programer in the image

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi,

In a fresh Pharo image, when you edit your first method the system asks you for your name.
Sometimes, I share some images with my students so I wonder if it is possible for them to enter their name instead of mine when they edit their own code?

Thanks in advance
Abdelghani

Re: Change the name of the programer in the image

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I would guess that the way to do that is

  Author reset

> On 5 Jan 2019, at 20:16, Alidra Abdelghani via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> From: Alidra Abdelghani <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Change the name of the programer in the image
> Date: 5 January 2019 at 20:16:22 GMT+1
> To: [hidden email]
>

> Hi,
>
> In a fresh Pharo image, when you edit your first method the system asks you for your name.
> Sometimes, I share some images with my students so I wonder if it is possible for them to enter their name instead of mine when they edit their own code?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Abdelghani

Re: Change the name of the programer in the image

EstebanLM
But also, it should ask it again each time image changes position (something that I deeply hate, but can be useful in this situation :P)

Esteban

> On 7 Jan 2019, at 09:02, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would guess that the way to do that is
>
>  Author reset
>
>> On 5 Jan 2019, at 20:16, Alidra Abdelghani via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> From: Alidra Abdelghani <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Change the name of the programer in the image
>> Date: 5 January 2019 at 20:16:22 GMT+1
>> To: [hidden email]
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> In a fresh Pharo image, when you edit your first method the system asks you for your name.
>> Sometimes, I share some images with my students so I wonder if it is possible for them to enter their name instead of mine when they edit their own code?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Abdelghani

Re: Change the name of the programer in the image

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Thank you guys for your answers.

I didn't know about the Author class and I dont think I would have figured it out :)
I did not notice neither that moving the image resets the author. I assume that it does not work when the image is moved in the same path in a different machine.
I now I know also that everything is in the changes file. I guess there are no security mechanism to avoid bad manipulation of such data (but I understand that this is not really useful elsewhere than in a classroom environment :))

Thanks again
Abdelghani

> On 07 Jan 2019, at 10:08 am, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> But also, it should ask it again each time image changes position (something that I deeply hate, but can be useful in this situation :P)
>
> Esteban
>
>> On 7 Jan 2019, at 09:02, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I would guess that the way to do that is
>>
>> Author reset
>>
>>> On 5 Jan 2019, at 20:16, Alidra Abdelghani via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> From: Alidra Abdelghani <[hidden email]>
>>> Subject: Change the name of the programer in the image
>>> Date: 5 January 2019 at 20:16:22 GMT+1
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In a fresh Pharo image, when you edit your first method the system asks you for your name.
>>> Sometimes, I share some images with my students so I wonder if it is possible for them to enter their name instead of mine when they edit their own code?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Abdelghani

Re: Change the name of the programer in the image

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Thank you guys for your answers.

I didn't know about the Author class and I dont think I would have figured it out :)
I did not notice neither that moving the image resets the author. I assume that it does not work when the image is moved in the same path in a different machine.
I now know also that everything is in the changes file. I guess there are no security mechanism to avoid bad manipulation of such data (but I understand that this is not really useful elsewhere than in a classroom environment :))