Changing Fonts in Pharo

thomas_costick
I'm new to Pharo and am working through the PBE book.

I would like to change the fonts (and their size) used in the OmniBrowser and generally throughout Pharo.

In particular, the font in the text input panes.  I'd like to be able to use DejaVu Sans Mono, if available.  Failing that, the default font is OK, if it could just be larger.  (or is there a zoom feature?)

Can someone tell me how I can customize these settings?

Thanks.

Re: Changing Fonts in Pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
have a look at the book.pharo-project.org
or on

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/

in the wiki

On Jun 24, 2010, at 9:57 PM, tgc05 wrote:

> I'm new to Pharo and am working through the PBE book.
>
> I would like to change the fonts (and their size) used in the OmniBrowser
> and generally throughout Pharo.
>
> In particular, the font in the text input panes.  I'd like to be able to use
> DejaVu Sans Mono, if available.  Failing that, the default font is OK, if it
> could just be larger.  (or is there a zoom feature?)
>
> Can someone tell me how I can customize these settings?
>
> Thanks.

Re: Changing Fonts in Pharo

Nicolás Paez
Hi Thomas, just go to: World -> System -> Preferences -> System fonts, there you will be able to set your favourite fonts.

Other option that I use when I share code with my students is: open a Workspace and execute: Preferences setDemoFonts. and choose the size you desire.

Regards,
Nico.
blog: nicopaez.wordpress.com

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM, tgc05 <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm new to Pharo and am working through the PBE book.

I would like to change the fonts (and their size) used in the OmniBrowser
and generally throughout Pharo.

In particular, the font in the text input panes.  I'd like to be able to use
DejaVu Sans Mono, if available.  Failing that, the default font is OK, if it
could just be larger.  (or is there a zoom feature?)

Can someone tell me how I can customize these settings?

Thanks.

Re: Changing Fonts in Pharo

thomas_costick
@Nico.  Thanks, that was what I needed.  System Fonts > Code Font.  Already set to DejaVu Sans Mono... I just increased the size to 12pts.

I'm never satisfied... how about the font colour and background colour?  Is there a setting for these or a tweek I can make via some nifty Smaltalk code?

--Thomas.

Re: Changing Fonts in Pharo

thomas_costick
@Stef.  Thanks for the link to the book.  This is something I had not come across previously.

I had seen the Google Code Pharo site but I'm still a little overwhelmed by all the information that is out there in various places.  It's taking me a while to get familiar with it all and where to look for stuff.  I'll get there eventually  :)

--Thomas.