Changing button groups/order in browsers

Changing button groups/order in browsers

marcel.taeumel (old)
Hey!

Will somebody start yelling at me if I modify the buttons of system browsers (and code holders) like this:

:D

Best,
Marcel

Re: Changing button groups/order in browsers

Karl Ramberg
I like that.
I was actually experimenting with the same for the ZipArchive tool :-)

Karl

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4823991/new-button-order.png>

:D

Best,
Marcel

Re: Changing button groups/order in browsers

Chris Muller-3
On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 9:12 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I like that.

If you're referring to the   | Instance | Class |   |?| buttons, I
kind of do too..  :)

timfelgentreff
While we're at it, can we change the round source button? Make it look like the others, but maybe with a downwards triangle or some such to indicate it's actually a dropdown? or make it actually look like a drop down? Now it just looks out of place

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering about the senders and implementors buttons. It would be nice
> to be able to chose either local or global scope. I'm not sure we have a
> nice button widget that can do that.

Currently those buttons open a list of implementors with one click but
which can be subsequently filtered via "filter message list..." |
"messages that...".  Then, in the dialog, simply enter the expression
how you want to filter.

Re: Changing button groups/order in browsers

Karl Ramberg
Oh, I was not aware of these possibilities.
It seem very powerful, but I must say I'm a little lost since I really don't know how to phrase these searches.

There is so much to learn :-)

Karl

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering about the senders and implementors buttons. It would be nice
> to be able to chose either local or global scope. I'm not sure we have a
> nice button widget that can do that.

Currently those buttons open a list of implementors with one click but
which can be subsequently filtered via "filter message list..." |
"messages that...".  Then, in the dialog, simply enter the expression
how you want to filter.

AW: [squeak-dev] Re: Changing button groups/order in browsers

marcel.taeumel

There may be room for improving the usability here. ;-)

Best,

Marcel

Oh, I was not aware of these possibilities.

It seem very powerful, but I must say I'm a little lost since I really don't know how to phrase these searches.

There is so much to learn :-)

Karl

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 8:00 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 9:28 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was wondering about the senders and implementors buttons. It would be nice
> to be able to chose either local or global scope. I'm not sure we have a
> nice button widget that can do that.

Currently those buttons open a list of implementors with one click but
which can be subsequently filtered via "filter message list..." |
"messages that...".  Then, in the dialog, simply enter the expression
how you want to filter.

Re: Changing button groups/order in browsers

Chris Muller-4
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:20 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oh, I was not aware of these possibilities.
> It seem very powerful, but I must say I'm a little lost since I really don't
> know how to phrase these searches.

So for that local-scope filter you mentioned, say you wanted to filter
implementors which are local to the Collection hierarchy, so it would
be the ones which #inheritsFrom: Collection.

[:aClass :aSelector |
    aClass inheritsFrom: Collection
]

#inheritsFrom: seems to be the one I use most often from that
"messages that..." function.

> There is so much to learn :-)

After using Squeak for so long, I also get amazed sometimes when I
discover old things that have been there for a long time which I
didn't know..  :)