Changing the Pharo 5 monticello changes browser to get rid of the class name that precedes the selector in the changes tree

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Changing the Pharo 5 monticello changes browser to get rid of the class name that precedes the selector in the changes tree

Paul DeBruicker
They are already grouped by class.  Having the class name there makes me have to side scroll to read the list more often (most of the time)  than I'd prefer (never-ish).  It seems like its just the labels that have been changed since Pharo 4.

MCMethodDefinition>>#summary is  where the label is defined.  So in that class add

selectorString
        ^selector printString

And PSMCPatchOperationWrapper is where the label is set so
change

PSMCPatchOperationWrapper>>#asString to

asString
        "Answer the method name."

^self item definition selectorString

Paul
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Changing the Pharo 5 monticello changes browser to get rid of the class name that precedes the selector in the changes tree

Nicolai Hess-3-2

2016-07-14 0:55 GMT+02:00 PAUL DEBRUICKER <[hidden email]>:
They are already grouped by class.  Having the class name there makes me have to side scroll to read the list more often (most of the time)  than I'd prefer (never-ish).  It seems like its just the labels that have been changed since Pharo 4.

MCMethodDefinition>>#summary is  where the label is defined.  So in that class add

selectorString
        ^selector printString

And PSMCPatchOperationWrapper is where the label is set so
change

PSMCPatchOperationWrapper>>#asString to

asString

^self item definition selectorString

can you please open a bug report.
I think the change usefull and easy. (I think PSMCPatchOperationWrapper>>#asString could just call shortSummaryPrefix instead)

asString

^self item definition shortSummaryPrefix

Paul