Checking library consistency on network share

1 message Options
bpi

Checking library consistency on network share

bpi
Hi,

I am trying to check the consistency of a bunch of libraries using fileio access. It fails because the libraries lie on a mounted network drive.

I do the following – taken from the method comment of EmLibraryStatistics>>#checkConsistencyOf:

| lib stats |
lib := EmLibrary open: 'E:\vast\7.5\manager\calendarView.dat'.
[ stats := EmLibraryStatistics checkConsistencyOf: lib ]
        ensure: [ lib close ].
stats.

I get a file not found exception in EmLibrary>>#open:.

Should this work theoretically, or is it generally forbidden to open a library file using fileio access from a network share?

Being low on disk space I want to avoid copying all the libraries to the local drive.

Cheers,
Bernhard