Choosing multiple tests to move to new class

Choosing multiple tests to move to new class

Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)

Hello,

I have been trying to see if its possible to click and choose several methods to be able to move them at the same time into another class but It seems its not possible. I have a test class that has around 1700 tests and the vm cannot run them all as it runs out of memory so I want to split them to smaller test classes but it seems ill have to move them one by one. Any ideas if its possible to move a selection at once ?

Thanks

Mohammad

Re: Choosing multiple tests to move to new class

Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)

It is but cant I drag several tests at the same time?
I want to have every 200 tests in a class. Shall I do them one by one ?

Re: Choosing multiple tests to move to new class

Camillo Bruni-3
Drag n Drop on lists is a bit strange.
You have to start dragging with the last click.

SHIFT-CLICK
..
SHIFT-CLICK => continue dragging

BTW: this has only been added in Pharo 2.0...

On 2013-06-13, at 13:55, "Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is but cant I drag several tests at the same time?
> I want to have every 200 tests in a class. Shall I do them one by one ?

Okay im using 1.4.
Ill download 2.0.

On 2013-06-13, at 13:55, "Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is but cant I drag several tests at the same time?
> I want to have every 200 tests in a class. Shall I do them one by one ?

I downloaded it and I think I don't understand exactly how to do it. Its not like the usual click and then shift click and it will choose everything in between the two ?

On 2013-06-13, at 13:55, "Mohammad Al Houssami (Alumni)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is but cant I drag several tests at the same time?
> I want to have every 200 tests in a class. Shall I do them one by one ?

Make your life easy if your methods are in categories, drag&drop the category instead of the individual methods.

Phil