ChunkBrowser goodie doesn't like beta2

TimM-3
Ian -

Just happened to notice that loading up the chunk browser in the last D6
version gives a few walkbacks, one for registering with the help menu (an
index out of bounds) and one for: UndefinedObject dnu #isChunkTypeSelected?

Tim

p.s. Am I right in thinking that even with STS, the chunk browser is still
useful to recover stuff if you have never actually done a Changes | Save
Package Edtion?

Re: ChunkBrowser goodie doesn't like beta2

Ian Bartholomew-20
Tim,

> Just happened to notice that loading up the chunk browser in the last D6
> version gives a few walkbacks, one for registering with the help menu (an
> index out of bounds) and one for: UndefinedObject dnu #isChunkTypeSelected?

The latest version doesn't have the help menu problem (I removed the
menu option) and I don't seem to get any other walkbacks.

You can download my current X6 goodies from ...

http://www.idb.me.uk/files/goodiesx6b.zip (197 MiB)

> p.s. Am I right in thinking that even with STS, the chunk browser is still
> useful to recover stuff if you have never actually done a Changes | Save
> Package Edtion?

I think so, mainly because it's passive.  You can (usually) recover
everything, code, views, workspace evaluations, without having to have
remembered to do a save - even if the image has crashed.

I don't use STS (although I might now that it's included in the image)
but rely on saving packages, and automatic package backups, so the
ChunkBrowser and MethodHistory goodies are very useful alternatives for me.

Ian