Class Reference Resolution

Gary Peterson-2
Hi All,

Running into a small issue where after migrating code to 7.9.1, our references to DST classes are failing (i.e. requiring explicit references). The failuers seem to make sense as we don't seem to have any imports of DST in our code. So trying trying to figure out how the classes are being resolved in our 7.6 image, so we can possibly minimize our fixup.

Is there a doit on a given class reference that allows one to follow (e.g. in debugger) how a class (reference) is being resolved? I've played with #namesAndBindingsDo: but I'm not sure if that is the best tool for this (conceptually) simple case.

Thank you,

Gary P

Re: Class Reference Resolution

mkobetic
Compare the imports in the Smalltalk namespace between those versions. IIRC DST used force its own import into Smalltalk on load. You should import DST into your namespace explicitly instead.

HTH,

Martin