Class browser with changing title.

melkyades
Thanks everybody for the answers of last post. Finally I used the technique Mariano recommended because it was just what I wanted.

Here I'm proposing a really small change to the class browser so that whenever a class or method is selected it's title is changed accordingly. The title produced is such that you can distinguish the browsers when looking at the taskbar (very usefull when you have many browsers opened). In case you like it, it would be nice to have it included in main pharo.

--
Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

ClassBrowserchange.1.cs (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Class browser with changing title.

Mariano Martinez Peck

2009/8/14 Javier Pimás <[hidden email]>
Thanks everybody for the answers of last post. Finally I used the technique Mariano recommended because it was just what I wanted.

I really like when I can help someone and then the thing that this folks was doing helps me :)

Here I'm proposing a really small change to the class browser so that whenever a class or method is selected it's title is changed accordingly. The title produced is such that you can distinguish the browsers when looking at the taskbar (very usefull when you have many browsers opened). In case you like it, it would be nice to have it included in main pharo.

I could fileIn it perfectly in a beta web and I really like it. Would love it to be in Pharo core.

Best,

Mariano

--
Javier Pimás
Ciudad de Buenos Aires

Re: Class browser with changing title.

Hi javier

did you sign the license agreement? and send it to me :)?
Then open an entry in the bug tracker and add you changes there.

Stef

On Aug 15, 2009, at 2:28 AM, Javier Pimás wrote:

> Thanks everybody for the answers of last post. Finally I used the
> technique Mariano recommended because it was just what I wanted.
>
> Here I'm proposing a really small change to the class browser so
> that whenever a class or method is selected it's title is changed
> accordingly. The title produced is such that you can distinguish the
> browsers when looking at the taskbar (very usefull when you have
> many browsers opened). In case you like it, it would be nice to have
> it included in main pharo.
>
> --
> Javier Pimás
> Ciudad de Buenos Aires
> <ClassBrowserchange.
> 1.cs>_______________________________________________

Re: Class browser with changing title.

Henrik Sperre Johansen
This change was for the OB-browsers.
IMHO, I'd be nice to have the same functionality in (the thing
previously known as) Pharo-core too, though :)

Cheers,
Henry

On 16.08.2009 11:02, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi javier
>
> did you sign the license agreement? and send it to me :)?
> Then open an entry in the bug tracker and add you changes there.
>

> Stef
>
> On Aug 15, 2009, at 2:28 AM, Javier Pimás wrote:
>

>> Thanks everybody for the answers of last post. Finally I used the
>> technique Mariano recommended because it was just what I wanted.
>>
>> Here I'm proposing a really small change to the class browser so
>> that whenever a class or method is selected it's title is changed
>> accordingly. The title produced is such that you can distinguish the
>> browsers when looking at the taskbar (very usefull when you have
>> many browsers opened). In case you like it, it would be nice to have
>> it included in main pharo.
>>
>> --
>> Javier Pimás
>> Ciudad de Buenos Aires
>> <ClassBrowserchange.

Re: Class browser with changing title.

Stéphane Ducasse
Ah ok then the fix should be sent to omnibrowse mailing-list

I do not know what is the process colin is following for enh inclusion