Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

After renaming, promoting as tag, moving to package and other
non-secuential operations in Nautilus which screwed up the packaging,
now all classes are shown in _UnpackagedPackage but when browsed via
Spotter they show the right package in the class template.

SequenceableCollection subclass: #OrderedCollection
  instanceVariableNames: 'array firstIndex lastIndex'
  classVariableNames: ''
  package: 'Collections-Sequenceable'

Any pointers on how to fix/rebuild whatever is needed?
It took me two classes and less than 5 minutes to screw it, I guess
it's a new record. :)

Regards!

ps: this happens with the latest 5.0 image and vm version.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

Ben Coman
Very first thought...
1. Close all Nautilus windows.
2. Smalltalk recompileAll.

??
cheers -ben

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After renaming, promoting as tag, moving to package and other
> non-secuential operations in Nautilus which screwed up the packaging,
> now all classes are shown in _UnpackagedPackage but when browsed via
> Spotter they show the right package in the class template.
>
> SequenceableCollection subclass: #OrderedCollection
>   instanceVariableNames: 'array firstIndex lastIndex'
>   classVariableNames: ''
>   package: 'Collections-Sequenceable'
>
> Any pointers on how to fix/rebuild whatever is needed?
> It took me two classes and less than 5 minutes to screw it, I guess
> it's a new record. :)
>
> Regards!
>
> ps: this happens with the latest 5.0 image and vm version.
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

Ben Coman
Thought-0.0.2...
What does Monticello > Browse show?

Thought-0.0.3...
Have a look at RPackageOrganizer class >> initialize

cheers -ben

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very first thought...
> 1. Close all Nautilus windows.
> 2. Smalltalk recompileAll.
>
> ??
> cheers -ben
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After renaming, promoting as tag, moving to package and other
>> non-secuential operations in Nautilus which screwed up the packaging,
>> now all classes are shown in _UnpackagedPackage but when browsed via
>> Spotter they show the right package in the class template.
>>
>> SequenceableCollection subclass: #OrderedCollection
>>   instanceVariableNames: 'array firstIndex lastIndex'
>>   classVariableNames: ''
>>   package: 'Collections-Sequenceable'
>>
>> Any pointers on how to fix/rebuild whatever is needed?
>> It took me two classes and less than 5 minutes to screw it, I guess
>> it's a new record. :)
>>
>> Regards!
>>
>> ps: this happens with the latest 5.0 image and vm version.
>>
>> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

stepharo
Hi esteban

I would love to know how you did it, to fix it.

Even my bad power that break anything I touch did not succeed recently
to get this bug back :)

Stef

Le 14/9/16 à 05:58, Esteban A. Maringolo a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> After renaming, promoting as tag, moving to package and other
> non-secuential operations in Nautilus which screwed up the packaging,
> now all classes are shown in _UnpackagedPackage but when browsed via
> Spotter they show the right package in the class template.
>
> SequenceableCollection subclass: #OrderedCollection
>    instanceVariableNames: 'array firstIndex lastIndex'
>    classVariableNames: ''
>    package: 'Collections-Sequenceable'
>
> Any pointers on how to fix/rebuild whatever is needed?
> It took me two classes and less than 5 minutes to screw it, I guess
> it's a new record. :)
>
> Regards!
>
> ps: this happens with the latest 5.0 image and vm version.
>
> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

Esteban A. Maringolo
> Hi esteban
>
> I would love to know how you did it, to fix it.

Sorry, I don't remember the steps, I only remember a high "WTF?!" per
minute rate.
Because it was a clean image, I threw it away and started from
scratch. Didn't happen again.

> Even my bad power that break anything I touch did not succeed recently to
> get this bug back :)

Oh... that's a challenge for me, I unintentionally hit all the sharp
corners in every software I use.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Class shown in _UnpackagedPackage but belongs to package

stepharo
> Sorry, I don't remember the steps, I only remember a high "WTF?!" per
> minute rate.
> Because it was a clean image, I threw it away and started from
> scratch. Didn't happen again.
>
>> Even my bad power that break anything I touch did not succeed recently to
>> get this bug back :)
> Oh... that's a challenge for me, I unintentionally hit all the sharp
> corners in every software I use.

Me too :)