Classpath in VerveineJ

Junker Matthias
Hey,
I finally found out why parsing my project with VerveineJ suddenly stopped. The classpath command line argument parsing in VerveineJ seems to be broken. Instead of splitting the classpath arguments and passing them in an array as environment to the parser, it passed the entire classpath string to it. Attached to this email you can find a patch that fixes this. I assumed the classpath arguments after -cp are separated by semicolons. After fixing this I was finally able to parse the entire project with VerveineJ. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
Matt

classpath.patch (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Classpath in VerveineJ

Nicolas Anquetil

Thanks a lot Matthias for looking into this

Apparently, The JDT  parser is not dealing correctly with path separator, because on unix, the separator between various paths is ":" (colon).
I assume you are running on Windows since you use ";" (semicolon) ?

Your solution is a good way to bypass this bug, but I will have to add a bit to it since I believe one must also be able to specify various -cp

Anyway, thank again for your contribution

nicolas

I finally found out why parsing my project with VerveineJ suddenly stopped. The classpath command line argument parsing in VerveineJ seems to be broken. Instead of splitting the classpath arguments and passing them in an array as environment to the parser, it passed the entire classpath string to it. Attached to this email you can find a patch that fixes this. I assumed the classpath arguments after -cp are separated by semicolons. After fixing this I was finally able to parse the entire project with VerveineJ. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
Matt

Re: Classpath in VerveineJ

Junker Matthias
Hey,

Yeah I tried on windows. But you're right, it should handle both. I checked java -help on Linux and indeed it says to use colons there.

No problem. Thanks for the help as well. I'm now enjoying browsing my model with generics. Yay!

Cheers,
Matt

I finally found out why parsing my project with VerveineJ suddenly stopped. The classpath command line argument parsing in VerveineJ seems to be broken. Instead of splitting the classpath arguments and passing them in an array as environment to the parser, it passed the entire classpath string to it. Attached to this email you can find a patch that fixes this. I assumed the classpath arguments after -cp are separated by semicolons. After fixing this I was finally able to parse the entire project with VerveineJ. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
Matt

Re: Classpath in VerveineJ

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Great that it got solved. So, do I understand correctly that the problem was only in the sh script?

Cheers,
Doru

On 31 May 2011, at 15:38, Junker Matthias wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Yeah I tried on windows. But you're right, it should handle both. I checked java -help on Linux and indeed it says to use colons there.
>
> No problem. Thanks for the help as well. I'm now enjoying browsing my model with generics. Yay!
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: Classpath in VerveineJ

Tudor Girba-2
Ahh, forget about it.

The original mail from Matt got into spam :). I have the answer now.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."