Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi folks:  I was thinking that at least for the 1.0 release we should remove obsolete default repositories. I don't know if the word is "default" but I mean to those repositories that are already added when you download PharoCore 1.0 image.

Those repositories are:

1) http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo
2) http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox
3) www.squeaksource.com/Installer
4) www.squeaksource.com/UIEnhancements
5) http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/flair

1) and 2) are ok.
3) I think we should remove it.
4) and 5) are there becuase Gofer and Polymorph are included in the Core image?

What do you think ?

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Tudor Girba
Hi Mariano,

I think that is a good idea.

Just a note:

Gofer is in: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/gofer

and not in: http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/flair

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Feb 2010, at 23:11, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks:  I was thinking that at least for the 1.0 release we
> should remove obsolete default repositories. I don't know if the
> word is "default" but I mean to those repositories that are already
> added when you download PharoCore 1.0 image.
>
> Those repositories are:
>
> 1) http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo
> 2) http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox
> 3) www.squeaksource.com/Installer
> 4) www.squeaksource.com/UIEnhancements
> 5) http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/flair
>
> 1) and 2) are ok.
> 3) I think we should remove it.
> 4) and 5) are there becuase Gofer and Polymorph are included in the
> Core image?
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Geert Claes
Administrator
If Gofer and Polymorph are included in the Core image ... wouldn't it make more sense for those to be moved to those Pharo repositories then?

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Lukas Renggli
> 1) http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo
> 2) http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox
> 3) www.squeaksource.com/Installer
> 4) www.squeaksource.com/UIEnhancements
> 5) http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/flair

I sugest to only keep 1 and 2.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

normally what we should do is to copy the versions of gofer that are used in the pharo repository /probably we should do the same
for polymorph. like that we have one self contained version.

On Feb 15, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Geert Claes wrote:

> If Gofer and Polymorph are included in the Core image ... wouldn't it make
> more sense for those to be moved to those Pharo repositories then?

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

good initiative

Stef

On Feb 14, 2010, at 11:11 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi folks:  I was thinking that at least for the 1.0 release we should remove obsolete default repositories. I don't know if the word is "default" but I mean to those repositories that are already added when you download PharoCore 1.0 image.
>
> Those repositories are:
>
> 1) http://www.squeaksource.com/Pharo
> 2) http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox
> 3) www.squeaksource.com/Installer
> 4) www.squeaksource.com/UIEnhancements
> 5) http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/flair
>
> 1) and 2) are ok.
> 3) I think we should remove it.
> 4) and 5) are there becuase Gofer and Polymorph are included in the Core image?
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ok...thanks for the answers. Then we should keep only 1 and 2.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
I sugest to only keep 1 and 2.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Cleaning included Monticello repositories in PharoCore

Adrian Lienhard
+1

Adrian

BTW: packages such as Gofer and Polymorph are all copied/merged in the Pharo repository