Clearing the Transcript

Long Haired David
I am building a complicated printed output using our Visibility product. The print process outputs its actions to the Transcript as it builds. This is great for finding out where something has been built incorrectly. It would be very convenient to be able to include a line in the process which clears the Transcript before a run. This would save me having to find the start of the current run in a long Transcript.

is there a way to do this?

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Clearing the Transcript

Bob Brodd
Try this:

Transcript textWidget setString: ''.

Bob

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:15:56 AM UTC-5, Totally Objects wrote:
I am building a complicated printed output using our Visibility product. The print process outputs its actions to the Transcript as it builds. This is great for finding out where something has been built incorrectly. It would be very convenient to be able to include a line in the process which clears the Transcript before a run. This would save me having to find the start of the current run in a long Transcript.

is there a way to do this?

Re: Clearing the Transcript

dmacq
Transcript>>clear

      self textWidget setString: ''.

Donald [|]

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:15:56 AM UTC-5, Totally Objects wrote:
I am building a complicated printed output using our Visibility product. The print process outputs its actions to the Transcript as it builds. This is great for finding out where something has been built incorrectly. It would be very convenient to be able to include a line in the process which clears the Transcript before a run. This would save me having to find the start of the current run in a long Transcript.

is there a way to do this?

Re: Clearing the Transcript

dmacq
Whoops! Bob beat me to it!

Instantiations support never sleeps!

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:13:47 PM UTC-5, Donald MacQueen wrote:
Transcript>>clear

      self textWidget setString: ''.

Donald [|]

On Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:15:56 AM UTC-5, Totally Objects wrote:
I am building a complicated printed output using our Visibility product. The print process outputs its actions to the Transcript as it builds. This is great for finding out where something has been built incorrectly. It would be very convenient to be able to include a line in the process which clears the Transcript before a run. This would save me having to find the start of the current run in a long Transcript.

is there a way to do this?

Re: Clearing the Transcript

Long Haired David
Yup - that did it. Many thanks Bob and Donald.

David
Totally Objects