Clip art was Re: About Skeleton

1 message Options

Clip art was Re: About Skeleton

dcorking
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:12 PM, Bert Freudenberg  wrote:
> Ricardo Moran wrote:
>
>> Some kids told me they would want more graphics to choose in Etoys (like the ones in Scratch).
>
> Why don't they use images they found on the web, or took using a camera?

I wonder if it is the workflow? On Sugar, the child may need to switch
to the Browse activity, save the artwork to the journal, switch back
to Etoys, and then import the image.

In a windowing environment with a larger screen they can copy-paste or
drag and drop.

Some kids I worked with a couple of weeks ago used copy-paste like
this (though with a proprietary document editor.)  It seemed to me
that it became a hunt for the coolest image as the overwhelming number
of choices in Google Images stifled their creativity. Despite my
concerns, the kids really enjoyed making some entertaining collages.