Clipboard problems on 10289

Janko Mivšek
There is also a clipboard problem with pharo on my machine. I cannot
copy from VW and paste to Pharo, clipboard buffer seems to be empty. But
I can paste the other direction, from Pharo to VW.

If I copy from some other source like this text from Thunderbird, it
copies but with cr or something appended at the end (a character like [] ).

I'm on openSuse 11.1 on KDE.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Michael Rueger-6
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> There is also a clipboard problem with pharo on my machine. I cannot
> copy from VW and paste to Pharo, clipboard buffer seems to be empty. But
> I can paste the other direction, from Pharo to VW.

That's probably also fixed by the latest (unofficial) fix.

Michael

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Janko Mivšek wrote:
> There is also a clipboard problem with pharo on my machine. I cannot
> copy from VW and paste to Pharo, clipboard buffer seems to be empty. But
> I can paste the other direction, from Pharo to VW.

That's probably also fixed by the latest (unofficial) fix.

Clipboard from normal external things work for me but with alt instead of ctrl.

Ubuntu 8.10, 10289.

Thanks!

Michael

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Clipboard from normal external things work for me but with alt instead
> of ctrl.

If you turn on swapControlAndAltKeys in the preferences it should work.

Michael

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Clipboard from normal external things work for me but with alt instead
> of ctrl.

If you turn on swapControlAndAltKeys in the preferences it should work.

You will start hating me :(

No, I have just tried it but didn't work. The swap mouse button doesn't work also. So, perhaps is a general preference problem.

Thanks!

Mariano

Michael

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> You will start hating me :(

Definitely not!

> No, I have just tried it but didn't work. The swap mouse button doesn't
> work also. So, perhaps is a general preference problem.

Did you set it using the preference browser? Which image version are you
on? I used 10293.

Michael

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Mariano Martinez Peck

> No, I have just tried it but didn't work. The swap mouse button doesn't
> work also. So, perhaps is a general preference problem.

Did you set it using the preference browser? Which image version are you
on? I used 10293.

10293 ?? Where did you get it ? I cannot find it in http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299

I am using pharo0.1-10292dev09.04.6

Cheers,

Mariano

Michael

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Damien Cassou
2009/4/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> 10293 ?? Where did you get it ? I cannot find it in
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299
>
> I am using pharo0.1-10292dev09.04.6

System->update

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> You will start hating me :(

Maybe myself ;-)

Somehow I launched an old image when testing :-(
And now I'm going to hide somewhere ;-)

Michael

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
2009/4/27 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
> 10293 ?? Where did you get it ? I cannot find it in
> http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299
>
> I am using pharo0.1-10292dev09.04.6

System->update

Ok, sorry. I forgot about that. I tried 10293 and same results. It seems preference browser doesn't work for certain things. For example: swapmousebuttoms or swapControlAndAltKeys doesn't change anything.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: Clipboard problems on 10289

Michael Rueger-6
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Ok, sorry. I forgot about that. I tried 10293 and same results. It seems
> preference browser doesn't work for certain things. For example:
> swapmousebuttoms or swapControlAndAltKeys doesn't change anything.

Yes, that is part of the problem, changeInformee in the preferences
still points to the old InputSensor.
But it seems that the whole swap-transmogrify-mangle "logic"is actually
never invoked at all in the new sensor code. I probably got confused and
didn't merge properly.

Fix coming up soon :-)

Thanks for testing!!

Michael

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Michael Rueger <[hidden email]> wrote:
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Ok, sorry. I forgot about that. I tried 10293 and same results. It seems
> preference browser doesn't work for certain things. For example:
> swapmousebuttoms or swapControlAndAltKeys doesn't change anything.

Yes, that is part of the problem, changeInformee in the preferences
still points to the old InputSensor.
But it seems that the whole swap-transmogrify-mangle "logic"is actually
never invoked at all in the new sensor code. I probably got confused and
didn't merge properly.

Fix coming up soon :-)

Don't worry. Good things take long time to arrive :)

Thanks for testing!!

You are welcome. Thanks to you for the job and the pain haha.

Cheers,

Mariano

Michael