Closure simulation errors

Nicolas Cellier
You certainly noticed a lot of Closure related tests fail.
A few because of unavailable BlockContext API in BlockClosure... (most
are fixed yet)
But mainly because of tests messing with:

MethodContext>>#runSimulated:contextAtEachStep:

I think something is broken there... One missing or not up to date
change from Eliot probably.

Also there is a problem in the debugger: when halted in a Closure,
executing restart then proceed won't restart correclty:
Example:
1) Execute this :
   (ScriptLoader new buildConfigurationMapFor: #('foobar.blast')) load
2) Open the debugger (click debug)
3) select top but one context
    [] in ScriptLoader>>buildConfigurationMapFor:
4) click restart, then proceed

You get Character doesNotUnderstand: #encodeForHttp
a real mess, as if evaluating the code in wrong context...

Re: Closure simulation errors

Stéphane Ducasse
can you add an issue on the bugtracker?

On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

> You certainly noticed a lot of Closure related tests fail.
> A few because of unavailable BlockContext API in BlockClosure... (most
> are fixed yet)
> But mainly because of tests messing with:
>
> MethodContext>>#runSimulated:contextAtEachStep:
>
> I think something is broken there... One missing or not up to date
> change from Eliot probably.
>
> Also there is a problem in the debugger: when halted in a Closure,
> executing restart then proceed won't restart correclty:
> Example:
> 1) Execute this :
>   (ScriptLoader new buildConfigurationMapFor: #('foobar.blast')) load
> 2) Open the debugger (click debug)
> 3) select top but one context
>    [] in ScriptLoader>>buildConfigurationMapFor:
> 4) click restart, then proceed
>
> You get Character doesNotUnderstand: #encodeForHttp
> a real mess, as if evaluating the code in wrong context...

Re: Closure simulation errors

Nicolas Cellier
Since I'm not sure it's the same issue, you have two...

2009/4/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> can you add an issue on the bugtracker?
>
> On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>
>> You certainly noticed a lot of Closure related tests fail.
>> A few because of unavailable BlockContext API in BlockClosure... (most
>> are fixed yet)
>> But mainly because of tests messing with:
>>
>> MethodContext>>#runSimulated:contextAtEachStep:
>>
>> I think something is broken there... One missing or not up to date
>> change from Eliot probably.
>>
>> Also there is a problem in the debugger: when halted in a Closure,
>> executing restart then proceed won't restart correclty:
>> Example:
>> 1) Execute this :
>>   (ScriptLoader new buildConfigurationMapFor: #('foobar.blast')) load
>> 2) Open the debugger (click debug)
>> 3) select top but one context
>>    [] in ScriptLoader>>buildConfigurationMapFor:
>> 4) click restart, then proceed
>>
>> You get Character doesNotUnderstand: #encodeForHttp
>> a real mess, as if evaluating the code in wrong context...

Re: Closure simulation errors

Nicolas Cellier
As a follow-up, I missed one important change in 'Closure Usage Fixes.1.cs'
ContextPart>>#runSimulated:contextAtEachStep:

Load PharoInbox/Kernel-nice.renggli.305 to repair that.
Small progress: the ClosureCompilerTest errors now turned into failures...
Now, we have to find another mismatch somewhere...
I think it is in Encoder and related to

Nicolas

2009/4/21 Nicolas Cellier <[hidden email]>:

> Since I'm not sure it's the same issue, you have two...

> 2009/4/21 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> can you add an issue on the bugtracker?
>>
>> On Apr 21, 2009, at 1:09 AM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
>>
>>> You certainly noticed a lot of Closure related tests fail.
>>> A few because of unavailable BlockContext API in BlockClosure... (most
>>> are fixed yet)
>>> But mainly because of tests messing with:
>>>
>>> MethodContext>>#runSimulated:contextAtEachStep:
>>>
>>> I think something is broken there... One missing or not up to date
>>> change from Eliot probably.
>>>
>>> Also there is a problem in the debugger: when halted in a Closure,
>>> executing restart then proceed won't restart correclty:
>>> Example:
>>> 1) Execute this :
>>>   (ScriptLoader new buildConfigurationMapFor: #('foobar.blast')) load
>>> 2) Open the debugger (click debug)
>>> 3) select top but one context
>>>    [] in ScriptLoader>>buildConfigurationMapFor:
>>> 4) click restart, then proceed
>>>
>>> You get Character doesNotUnderstand: #encodeForHttp
>>> a real mess, as if evaluating the code in wrong context...

Re: Closure simulation errors

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks I will do an integration later today.
Now I have to work on more boring stuff.