Closure update from eliot

Stéphane Ducasse

Begin forwarded message:

From: Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
Date: May 1, 2009 1:34:25 AM CEDT
To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
Cc: nicolas cellier <[hidden email]>, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: latest Pharo image?

Hi Stef, Hi All,

    got it; thanks.  First thing I want to suggest is the following:

Smalltalk compactClassesArray
{CompiledMethod . MethodProperties . Array . PseudoContext . LargePositiveInteger . Float . MethodDictionary . Association . Point . Rectangle . ByteString . AnObsoleteTranslatedMethod . BlockContext . MethodContext . nil . Bitmap . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil}

The StackVM and CogVM have updated this for speed.  So make it look like
 #(CompiledMethod MethodProperties Array LargeNegativeInteger LargePositiveInteger Float MethodDictionary Association Point Rectangle ByteString BlockClosure BlockContext MethodContext nil Bitmap nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)

i.e. replace PseudoContext with LargeNegativeInteger, AnObsoleteTranslatedMethod with BlockClosure.  This will poise Pharo for use of the StackVM when it is released.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can find it at

       http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299
       then you should take the pharo and not pharo-dev
       then you should do update (in system -> software update)

Stef

On Apr 30, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:

This reminds me to ask you for a location from which to download the latest Pharo image ith closures so I can check the compiler changes I've made against the image and send you them.  This will be easier and less error-prone than my e.g. extracting the packages we use here and you having to work out the changes.

mmm latest pharo image

 [1 == 0] forkAt: 999.

oops..

Re: Closure update from eliot

Igor Stasenko
cool stuff :)

2009/5/1 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
> Date: May 1, 2009 1:34:25 AM CEDT
> To: Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> Cc: nicolas cellier <[hidden email]>, Lukas Renggli
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: latest Pharo image?
> Hi Stef, Hi All,
>     got it; thanks.  First thing I want to suggest is the following:
> Smalltalk compactClassesArray
> {CompiledMethod . MethodProperties . Array . PseudoContext .
> LargePositiveInteger . Float . MethodDictionary . Association . Point .
> Rectangle . ByteString . AnObsoleteTranslatedMethod . BlockContext .
> MethodContext . nil . Bitmap . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil
> . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil . nil}
> The StackVM and CogVM have updated this for speed.  So make it look like
>  #(CompiledMethod MethodProperties Array LargeNegativeInteger
> LargePositiveInteger Float MethodDictionary Association Point Rectangle
> ByteString BlockClosure BlockContext MethodContext nil Bitmap nil nil nil
> nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)
> i.e. replace PseudoContext
> with LargeNegativeInteger, AnObsoleteTranslatedMethod with BlockClosure.
>  This will poise Pharo for use of the StackVM when it is released.
>
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> You can find it at
>>
>>        http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299
>>        then you should take the pharo and not pharo-dev
>>        then you should do update (in system -> software update)
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Apr 30, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>>
>>> This reminds me to ask you for a location from which to download the
>>> latest Pharo image ith closures so I can check the compiler changes I've
>>> made against the image and send you them.  This will be easier and less
>>> error-prone than my e.g. extracting the packages we use here and you having
>>> to work out the changes.
>>>

>>> mmm latest pharo image
>>>
>>>  [1 == 0] forkAt: 999.
>>>
>>> oops..