Code Completion in Pharo

komarlu2
Hi to all,

thank you so very much for all of the advices and suggestions to make it work. I'll do my best.

Stef,

I understand what you mean in the first message but I didn't understand the added part, where you explain the navigation. If you could explain some more, please?

The -recognizing the whole selector- part but also these code expanding shortcuts you described (as well as writing rse and getting RubSmalltalkEditor as a suggestion) is now my priority to make them work.

Lukas

> One thing that is broken in current code completion and needs to be
> addressed
> is when you try to edit keyword messages.
>
> For example you have:
>
> dict at: #foo
>
> and you want to add ifAbsent: part.
>
> Current implementation won't help you, because it works out of context
> and
> doesn't recognize the whole selector. Same when you want to edit any
> part of
> keyword message.
>
> I'd like to see code completion operating on message send level, not on
> word
> (token?) level.

+ 1
I would love also to have

        it -> ifTrue: [ | cursor here ]

and also even if this is not strictly about completion
selector: navigation

        | self at: key ifAbsent:
        then
        self |at: key ifAbsent:
        then
        self at:| key ifAbsent:
        then
        self at: key |ifAbsent:

> Is it clear what I'm trying to say?

Re: Code Completion in Pharo

stepharong
This is not related to code completion per se.
I would like to able to navigate based on word instead of characters.

| is a cursor pressing tab or something else move it to the right

> and also even if this is not strictly about completion
> selector: navigation
>
> | self at: key ifAbsent:
> then
> self |at: key ifAbsent:
> then
> self at:| key ifAbsent:
> then
> self at: key |ifAbsent:
>

>> Is it clear what I'm trying to say?

Re: Code Completion in Pharo

CyrilFerlicot
On 08/03/2017 21:43, stepharong wrote:

> This is not related to code completion per se.
> I would like to able to navigate based on word instead of characters.
>
> | is a cursor pressing tab or something else move it to the right
>
>> and also even if this is not strictly about completion
>> selector: navigation
>>
>>     | self at: key ifAbsent:
>>     then
>>     self |at: key ifAbsent:
>>     then
>>     self at:| key ifAbsent:
>>     then
>>     self at: key |ifAbsent:
>>

>>> Is it clear what I'm trying to say?

This is already possible with cmd + -> / cmd + <-

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,