Code Mentor - what does update in background do?

Code Mentor - what does update in background do?

TimM-3
I was showing someone the code mentor and happened to notice that update in
background doesn't ever seem to update - it always shows the moon?

Am I right in thinking that background actually means, only recalc if you
click on the tab?

Tim

p.s. Blair/Andy - I reported a bug about the critic cutting off messages. It
seems random - I'm having trouble reproducing it now.

Re: Code Mentor - what does update in background do?

Andy Bower-3
Tim,

> I was showing someone the code mentor and happened to notice that
> update in background doesn't ever seem to update - it always shows
> the moon?

Looking at it, I think "Update in background" and "Update in
foreground" are reversed. At the moment you need to select the latter
if you want the mentor to show smileys while you are on another tab.

> p.s. Blair/Andy - I reported a bug about the critic cutting off
> messages. It seems random - I'm having trouble reproducing it now.

This bug sounds like a tricky layout problem that we've been trying to
trace rather than a specific issue with the code mentor. Some tools do
not resize properly (the layout managers are not completing their
operations, I think) when they are first opened. I reckon #1758 is the
same issue. If you see the problem just resize the browser/ideaspace
window and it should go away.

Best regards,

--
Andy Bower