Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Issue 6135: Code completion in all tools
Pharo2.0a
Latest update: #20156

Why don't we have code completion in e.g. the inspector/explorer? Would it be hard to implement? I took a look at Workspace, but I couldn't find where completion gets set up...

Cheers,
Sean

b.t.w. less important, the syntax highlighting for the inspector is for a method pane (i.e. bold first line, etc) http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6136
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Have a look at

     codeCompletionAround: textMorph:keyStroke:

HTH,

Bill

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote
     codeCompletionAround: textMorph:keyStroke:
It's much easier when you know where to look :)

Fix in inbox: SLICE-Issue-6135-Code-completion-in-all-tools-SeanDeNigris.1
Add code completion to Inspector and ObjectExplorer

Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote
the syntax highlighting for the inspector is for a
method pane (i.e. bold first line, etc)
Anyone have an idea where to look for this one?

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
the syntax highlighting for the inspector is for a
method pane (i.e. bold first line, etc)
Anyone have an idea where to look for this one?
Version #2 of the slice in the inbox also makes syntax highlighting work in the inspector/explorer.

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Version #2 of the slice in the inbox also makes syntax highlighting work in the inspector/explorer.
Okay, hopefully last message. BE CAREFUL of the slice version:
version 3 - for 2.0
version 4 - for 1.4
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Stéphane Ducasse
tx I will have a look in a couple of hours

On Jun 23, 2012, at 1:48 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>>
>> Version #2 of the slice in the inbox also makes syntax highlighting work
>> in the inspector/explorer.
>>

> Okay, hopefully last message. BE CAREFUL of the slice version:
> version 3 - for 2.0
> version 4 - for 1.4

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
The slice was missing an inst var, so I made a new issue and while I was there I added completion to the other tools where I noticed it was missing... Let me know if any other tools should be fixed

Issue 6146: Code completion in all tools - Part 2

Fix in inbox: SLICE-Issue-6146-Code-completion-in-all-tools---Part-2-SeanDeNigris.1
* Add code completion to:
  - Finder
  - MessageListBrowser
  - emergency evaluator [1]
* Fix bug from part 1 - SHParserST80 missing inst var

[1] just kidding

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
...for 1.4
Issue 6147: Code completion in all tools for 1.4
I know we said no enhancements in 1.4, but this is a *really* helpful one. If no one finds any bugs in the 2.0 version (Issue 6146), maybe we could include it?

Fix in inbox [2]: Name: SLICE-Issue-6147-Code-completion-in-all-tools-for-14-SeanDeNigris.1

* Syntax highlighting
        - Add to ObjectExplorer
        - Fix for Inspector
* Add code completion to:
  - Inspector
  - ObjectExplorer
  - Finder
  - MessageListBrowser
  - emergency evaluator [1]

[1] just kidding
[2] Supersedes: SLICE-Issue-6135-Code-completion-in-all-tools-SeanDeNigris.4
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Issue 6146: Code completion in all tools - Part 2
Will someone please review this fix. Right now, methods are highlighted in all-red in the tools...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sven Van Caekenberghe
It is all red in my 2.0 images too, even the one that I downloaded today to play with.

On 26 Jun 2012, at 18:08, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>>
>> Issue 6146: Code completion in all tools - Part 2
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6146
>>

> Will someone please review this fix. Right now, methods are highlighted in
> all-red in the tools...

Re: Code completion in all tools

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
It is all red in my 2.0 images too, even the one that I downloaded today to play with.
Yes, it is red after Part 1 was integrated. It is fixed in Part 2 above, which has yet to be integrated. To play with the fix, load SLICE-Issue-6146-Code-completion-in-all-tools---Part-2-SeanDeNigris.1 from the inbox.

Cheers,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

On 26 Jun 2012, at 18:40, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Yes, it is red after Part 1 was integrated. It is fixed in Part 2 above,
> which has yet to be integrated. To play with the fix, load
> SLICE-Issue-6146-Code-completion-in-all-tools---Part-2-SeanDeNigris.1 from
> the inbox.

Works for me in #20160, great work!

Re: Code completion in all tools

Marcus Denker-4

On Jun 26, 2012, at 7:20 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 26 Jun 2012, at 18:40, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>
>> Yes, it is red after Part 1 was integrated. It is fixed in Part 2 above,
>> which has yet to be integrated. To play with the fix, load
>> SLICE-Issue-6146-Code-completion-in-all-tools---Part-2-SeanDeNigris.1 from
>> the inbox.
>
> Works for me in #20160, great work!

I will integrate it now..

--