Code not showing all items in directory

Long Haired David
Hi there. I am a long time user of VAST recently moved to Pharo. I have a directory that contains 20 JSON  items. I am using the following code to load all of them into a collection.

bucketList

        | top fileDirectory bucketList nameList |
        top := FileSystem disk workingDirectory.
        fileDirectory := top / 'TinyKVDB' / self bucket.
        bucketList := fileDirectory children.
        nameList := SortedCollection new.
        bucketList
                do: [ :each |
                        nameList add: each asString ] .
        ^ nameList

The code is only loading 18 of the items in the directory. I cannot see that there is anything different between there 18 and the other 2. Can anyone give me some clues here?

David
TotallyObjects
David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Code not showing all items in directory

Stéphane Ducasse
can you show us your file names?

and a ls of your directory?

On 7 Mar 2021, at 20:58, David Pennington <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi there. I am a long time user of VAST recently moved to Pharo. I have a directory that contains 20 JSON  items. I am using the following code to load all of them into a collection.

bucketList

| top fileDirectory bucketList nameList |
top := FileSystem disk workingDirectory.
fileDirectory := top / 'TinyKVDB' / self bucket.
bucketList := fileDirectory children.
nameList := SortedCollection new.
bucketList
do: [ :each |
nameList add: each asString ] .
^ nameList

The code is only loading 18 of the items in the directory. I cannot see that there is anything different between there 18 and the other 2. Can anyone give me some clues here?

David
TotallyObjects

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Code not showing all items in directory

Long Haired David
Sorry just seen what you mean. The screen shot is all I can do.

Sent from my Huawei tablet

Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Code not showing all items in directory

You can put a conditional halt in the loading logic

Halt if: [ name = ‘jo’]

and let us know.
Did you check the rights of these files?
Are they symbolic links?
Because FileSystem has sometimes surprising behavior with symbolic links.

S.

On 7 Mar 2021, at 21:35, David Pennington <[hidden email]> wrote:

Not sure what you mean by ls. Here is the directory. The file called jo is not appearing in the list.

<member dir.png>

France

Re: Code not showing all items in directory

Long Haired David
I will do that tomorrow. I can't understand why there would be any difference between the files. They are generated in VisualAge from VAST Object dumps into json in a simple loop on Windows 10 and copied across to the mac using the clipboard (the Windows machine is on MSRemoteAccess so cut and paste works). I have previously moved other objects across in the same way 320 at one go, so I cannot see why there should be any difference

Sent from my Huawei tablet

Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: Code not showing all items in directory

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Long Haired David wrote
> bucketList := fileDirectory children.