Code repository

Bruce Badger
I have not seen any Swazoo code committed to the Cincom public Store
repository for ages.

Is the Cincom public Store repository still the definitive location
for Swazoo source code, or has that changed?  If it has changed, which
is the definitive repository now?

Thanks,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/

Re: Code repository

Janko Mivšek
Bruce Badger wrote:
> I have not seen any Swazoo code committed to the Cincom public Store
> repository for ages.

There is 2.2beta1 from end of Jul, which is not exactly nothing for ages.

There also isn't anything much new during that time. Swazoo is stable
and performant server for a while already.

> Is the Cincom public Store repository still the definitive location
> for Swazoo source code, or has that changed?  If it has changed, which
> is the definitive repository now?

Official releases, being stable or beta, are released in public Store
for VW, SqueakSource for Squeak and so on. Download page is then updated:

        http://www.swazoo.org/download.html

Interim development goes in other repositories (like
http://mc.bioskop.fr/Swazoo.html), mainly not to confuse end users
installing Swazoo as prerequisite of other packages. Both Store and
other Smalltalk SCMs have this problem that the last version is
installed as prerequisite, so this version must always be in good
condition.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Code repository

Bruce Badger
On 04/12/2008, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> There is 2.2beta1 from end of Jul, which is not exactly nothing for ages.
>  There also isn't anything much new during that time. Swazoo is stable
>  and performant server for a while already.

But I thought you had said that you're taking all the Hyper stuff out
so you can pursue your idea of moving Swazoo away from the LGPL, and
indeed you seemed to confirm that in a recent post to this list.  Is
that not the case?  If so, where is that work being committed?  I
guess it's one of the other repositories you mentioned, but which one?

Thanks

http://www.openskills.org/

Re: Code repository

Janko Mivšek

Bruce Badger wrote:

> On 04/12/2008, Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> There is 2.2beta1 from end of Jul, which is not exactly nothing for ages.
>>  There also isn't anything much new during that time. Swazoo is stable
>>  and performant server for a while already.
>
> But I thought you had said that you're taking all the Hyper stuff out
> so you can pursue your idea of moving Swazoo away from the LGPL, and
> indeed you seemed to confirm that in a recent post to this list.  Is
> that not the case?  If so, where is that work being committed?  I
> guess it's one of the other repositories you mentioned, but which one?

This is planned for Swazoo 3.0, but I didn't start yet. It is quite a
demanding task and plenty time in one block is needed.

Janko