CodeCity and Roassal3d

Uko2
My dear friends,

this may be an ugly question, but why CodeCity and Roassal3d are not cooperating. Maybe I’m just not able to see the significant differences, but for me as 3rd person it seems that Roassal3d is missing concrete functionality, like CodeCity’s awesome builder, and CodeCity is missing event handling, translucent colors, etc… Maybe we can merge efforts?

Uko

Re: CodeCity and Roassal3d

Richard Wettel-3
Hi Uko

I can understand your point as a user of CodeCity, who would like to have as many features as soon as possible.

From my point of view, I do not necessarily care about the final version of CodeCity or how long it takes me to get there.
I actually enjoy the journey and take my time working on CodeCity, so a merge is not something I am interested in.

What you could be interested in is that Alex Bergel told me they have a project to implement CodeCity in Roassal3D, which will most probably happen at a faster rate than mine.

Cheers
Ricky

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
My dear friends,

this may be an ugly question, but why CodeCity and Roassal3d are not cooperating. Maybe I’m just not able to see the significant differences, but for me as 3rd person it seems that Roassal3d is missing concrete functionality, like CodeCity’s awesome builder, and CodeCity is missing event handling, translucent colors, etc… Maybe we can merge efforts?

Uko

Re: CodeCity and Roassal3d

Ronie Salgado

What you could be interested in is that Alex Bergel told me they have a project to implement CodeCity in Roassal3D, which will most probably happen at a faster rate than mine.
In fact, it already happened, but is not yet integrated to the main Roassal 3D repository. It was implemented by Francisco Hafon, one of Alex student.

Greetings,
Ronie

Hi Uko

I can understand your point as a user of CodeCity, who would like to have as many features as soon as possible.

From my point of view, I do not necessarily care about the final version of CodeCity or how long it takes me to get there.
[...]

abergel
Hi!

Indeed, we are currently working on an infrastructure similar to CodeCity.  We will do some nice demos at ESUG :-)

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu