CodeMentorPlugin cosmetic request

Steve Alan Waring
When using the CodeMentorPlugin, most of the time I find myself using
the "Click here to browse all" link to open a browser on the problem
methods. As this link is at the bottom of the html, it means that it
moves around, and sometimes needs to be scrolled to.

Could that link be moved to the top? ... or, when a non-composite
lintRule is selected, could the lintRule name be made a link by
changing CodeMentorPlugin>>htmlDescriptionFor: with something like:

(excuse the html)
[stream
  nextPutAll: self htmlStyle;
  nextPutAll: '<a href="';
  nextPutAll: self smalltalkUrlTag;
  nextPutAll: 'self%20';
  display: #browseAllFailedMethods;
  nextPutAll: '"><B>';
  nextPutAll: aLintRule name;
  nextPutAll: '</B></a>';
  nextPutAll: '<P>';
  nextPutAll: '</P><P>'.

One other request. In CodeMentorPlugin>>htmlDescriptionFor:  could the
guard for the nil ruleNode just be put around "stream nextPutAll:
ruleNode innerXML" (instead of most of the method ... BTW: this seems
to introduce the need to guard for aLintRule being nil). This would
allow new lintRules to be added and viewed without needing to update
the lintRules xml document.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: CodeMentorPlugin cosmetic request

Blair McGlashan-4
"Steve Alan Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> When using the CodeMentorPlugin, most of the time I find myself using
> the "Click here to browse all" link to open a browser on the problem
> methods. As this link is at the bottom of the html, it means that it
> moves around, and sometimes needs to be scrolled to.
>
> Could that link be moved to the top? ... or, when a non-composite
> lintRule is selected, could the lintRule name be made a link by
> changing CodeMentorPlugin>>htmlDescriptionFor: with something like:
> One other request. In CodeMentorPlugin>>htmlDescriptionFor:  could the
> guard for the nil ruleNode just be put around "stream nextPutAll:
> ruleNode innerXML" (instead of most of the method ... BTW: this seems
> to introduce the need to guard for aLintRule being nil). This would
> allow new lintRules to be added and viewed without needing to update
> the lintRules xml document.

See no reason why not. I'll add these both to the list as well.

Thanks

Blair