Cog 64 bit?

xx397
Has anyone successfully compiled a Cog that works in a 64 bit Linux environment? What about FFI? I'm having to deploy onto Centos 6 x64 and the extra effort to make the 32 bit setup work is such that it'd be quite desirable to have 64 bit support!

Thanks
Chris

Re: Cog 64 bit?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi chris

> Has anyone successfully compiled a Cog that works in a 64 bit Linux environment? What about FFI? I'm having to deploy onto Centos 6 x64 and the extra effort to make the 32 bit setup work is such that it'd be quite desirable to have 64 bit support!

I do not know for the 64 bits.
Now what I know is that we need this consortium so that we can pay somebody to work on such issues and others.

Stef

> Thanks
> Chris

Re: Cog 64 bit?

EstebanLM
Hi Chris,

No it has not been compiled.
Notice that probably the JIT cannot be just compiled, we need to modify it for run properly. But the Cog Stack should be compilable... with work :)
Same happens with FFI: you need to rewrite it almost completely for 64bits.

I know Diogenes wanted to work on that, but since he just started and it is on his spare time, I don't think he has something to show now)

Esteban

ps: I'm really interested on this, and I would love to have this working... and I also would like to work on this... but I will not have time this year for sure :)