Collecting of event data still needed?

1 message Options

Collecting of event data still needed?

Pavel Krivanek-3
From a Slack discussion:

Alexandre Bergel [6:03 PM]
@uko  : Do we still need the usage data ?

Alexandre Bergel [6:03 PM]
Having this large red bar is a bit aggressive

Yuriy Tymchuk [6:06 PM]
Data is always useful. Now as I end my Ph.D. I will not have time to investigate the collected data any more, so the question is does anybody else care about the collected data, because yes, I can just remove it. By the way, I just reuse the morph from Spotter, so it is up to them to define the style :slightly_smiling_face:

So the question is: do we still need to display appeal for sending usage data in Pharo 7? Is anyone analyzing it or do we only irritate users? Such request can be in the Welcome window.

Cheers,
-- Pavel