Color syntax of source code

Marten Feldtmann-2
The character "[" and "]" or "(" (etc) are not easy to read in the browser source code view Can I change the color of this stuff to a more darker color.

Re: Color syntax of source code

Nicolas Petton

The IDE is using CodeMirror (http://coremirror.net). The Smalltalk
syntax highlighting is built-in into the library, but it should be quite
easy to extend and improve :)

Nico

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Color syntax of source code

Marten Feldtmann-2
Thanks, due to your tip I've found the solution. There is an "amber.css" file within the directory  "js/lib/CodeMirror" and in that file you may change the the color definition of brackets to black:

.cm-s-amber span.cm-bracket {color: black;}

then all brackets look nice on LCD displays.

Marten

Re: Color syntax of source code

Nicolas Petton

Nice!

Can you send me a pull request? If it looks better, I'd include it :)

Nico

--

Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Color syntax of source code

Esteban A. Maringolo
Nicolas Petton wrote
The IDE is using CodeMirror (http://coremirror.net). The Smalltalk
syntax highlighting is built-in into the library, but it should be quite
easy to extend and improve :)
The good thing about CodeMirror is that you can give vim/emacs bindings to anybody that chooses so.
We could even emulate Pharo or "name your smalltalk" bindings :)

Regards!

Re: Color syntax of source code

sebastianconcept
powerful

On Nov 22, 2012, at 12:13 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:

> Nicolas Petton wrote
>> The IDE is using CodeMirror (http://coremirror.net). The Smalltalk
>> syntax highlighting is built-in into the library, but it should be quite
>> easy to extend and improve :)
>
> The good thing about CodeMirror is that you can give vim/emacs bindings to
> anybody that chooses so.
> We could even emulate Pharo or "name your smalltalk" bindings :)
>
> Regards!

Re: Color syntax of source code

Kevin Driedger-4

This link: