Color table tricks??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

I have been doing some manipulation of images by playing with color
table entries.  Some of the code in question serves different masters,
and I am starting to have trouble with color depths.  Making a long
story short, some migration toward 24 bit images finally bit me: the
result has no color table to tweak.  Clearly I do not want to downgrade
all of the images, so I need to do something selective.

Possible solutions include making the intermediates smarter, perhaps
with blocks, to allow control over depth when required, and making
lower-depth copies when needed.  The latter concerns me a little,
because the results might be unpredictable.

Is there a way to force the use of a color table?  Any other solutions?

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Color table tricks??

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Bill,

> Any other solutions?

I am not sure if this will help, but in case you have not seen it, GDI+
offers some color manipulation functions. Check out Louis Sumberg's
handy example* class methods for GdiplusImageAttributes esp.
GdiplusImageAttributes class>>exampleGdipIAColorRemap

Steve