Comanche on HTTPS

Bernat Romagosa
Hi list,

Is there a way to serve HTTPS via Comanche?

I can't use Zinc or Swazoo. Our app uses a version of Comanche that's pretty much hand-tailored for our needs, and switching would be quite a massive amount of work.

In case it's not currently supported, does someone know what would it take to implement it?

Thanks!

Bernat.

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Comanche on HTTPS

Göran Krampe
On 10/17/2013 09:57 AM, Bernat Romagosa wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to serve HTTPS via Comanche?
>
> I can't use Zinc or Swazoo. Our app uses a version of Comanche that's
> pretty much hand-tailored for our needs, and switching would be quite a
> massive amount of work.
>
> In case it's not currently supported, does someone know what would it
> take to implement it?

Any reason you can't use say stud in front? stud is very small and just
does exactly what you want :)

https://github.com/bumptech/stud

regards, Göran

PS. Using SqueakSSL on server side does NOT scale.

Re: Comanche on HTTPS

Bernat Romagosa
The only reason is I didn't know about it!

I'll take a look at it, thanks a lot :)

Bernat.

Bernat Romagosa.

Re: Comanche on HTTPS

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Bernat,

On 17 Oct 2013, at 09:57, Bernat Romagosa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way to serve HTTPS via Comanche?
>
> I can't use Zinc or Swazoo. Our app uses a version of Comanche that's pretty much hand-tailored for our needs, and switching would be quite a massive amount of work.
>
> In case it's not currently supported, does someone know what would it take to implement it?

Have a look at ZnSecureServer, in particular at ZnSecureServer>>#socketStreamOn:

Doing an #accept is basically all there is to it.

HTH,

Sven

PS: Note that such a server does only work on Linux.

> Thanks!
>
> Bernat.
>
> --
> Bernat Romagosa.