Comet, CTSession and CTHandler

Lautaro Fernández
Hi everyone,
I've been playing around with the Comet implementation (and also porting into VW plus some changes) but I can't figured out why the CTSession has a collection of handlers, instead a simple instance variable with the current CTHandler.

For example, in which context the session should have more than one handler.

Thanks in advance
Lautaro
--
Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker

Re: Comet, CTSession and CTHandler

Lukas Renggli
> I've been playing around with the Comet implementation (and also porting
> into VW plus some changes) but I can't figured out why the CTSession has a
> collection of handlers, instead a simple instance variable with the current
> CTHandler.

Theoretically a session could serve multiple independent data streams.
In practice this doesn't work, because browsers only allow a very few
open connections (something between 2 and 3).

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

2008/9/30 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
> I've been playing around with the Comet implementation (and also porting
> into VW plus some changes) but I can't figured out why the CTSession has a
> collection of handlers, instead a simple instance variable with the current
> CTHandler.

Theoretically a session could serve multiple independent data streams.
In practice this doesn't work, because browsers only allow a very few
open connections (something between 2 and 3).

Thanks for your answer Lukas.
Lautaro

Cheers,
Lukas