Comet connections and pushers?

John Chludzinski
What is the effect of executing:

         html document
               addLoadScript: (html comet
                     pusher: self pusher;
                     connect).

with multiple pushers (CTPusher)?  Multiple times with the same pusher?

Should I execute:

         html comet disconnect

before I execute the connection statement above with a different pusher?

Is there a way to test if there's a Comet connection for a giver pusher?

---John

Re: Comet connections and pushers?

Lukas Renggli
On 17 November 2010 20:54, John Chludzinski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What is the effect of executing:
>          html document
>                addLoadScript: (html comet
>                      pusher: self pusher;
>                      connect).
> with multiple pushers (CTPusher)?

Multiple pushers likely don't work because most browsers only support
two open connections per window.

> Multiple times with the same pusher?

I am not sure if the Javascript support code detects this situation,
but that could definitely be done (see the CTLibrary).

Lukas

> Should I execute:
>          html comet disconnect
> before I execute the connection statement above with a different pusher?
> Is there a way to test if there's a Comet connection for a giver pusher?
> ---John

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Comet connections and pushers?

John Chludzinski
Does:

         html document
               addLoadScript: (html comet
                     pusher: self pusher;
                     disconnect).

disconnect a particular pusher?  Is it even meaningful?  Or is it simply:

         html comet disconnect.

which disconnect a session from any/all pushers?