Coming out

Bert Freudenberg

Hi all,

Today is Transgender Day of Visibility, and I am coming out publicly as a transgender woman.

My name is Vanessa, and my pronouns are she / her.

Many of you have known me for a long time as Bert Freudenberg. I’m still me, just more so.

I will resubscribe to this list with my new email address, [hidden email].

Cheers!

- Vanessa -

Dr. Bert Freudenberg
7275 Franklin Avenue #210
Los Angeles CA 90046
+1 (818) 482-3991

Re: Coming out

Stephan Eggermont-3

Welcome to the public world, Vanessa!

Stephan

+1 (818) 482-3991

Re: Coming out

tblanchard

Hey congrats, Vanessa. Happy to support you (or anyone else - its early).

From a practical perspective, I would really like to know what genius thought the day before April Fools was a good choice for Transgender Day of Visibility.

I had to look it up to make sure it was a real thing.

Just sayin' :-)

Also, I didn't know you had moved to LA.  I'm in San Diego.  Would love to get a local user's group going.

-Todd Blanchard

On Mar 31, 2020, at 12:56 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Today is Transgender Day of Visibility, and I am coming out publicly as a transgender woman.

My name is Vanessa, and my pronouns are she / her.

Many of you have known me for a long time as Bert Freudenberg. I’m still me, just more so.

I will resubscribe to this list with my new email address, [hidden email].

Cheers!

- Vanessa -
Dr. Bert Freudenberg
7275 Franklin Avenue #210
Los Angeles CA 90046
+1 (818) 482-3991

Re: Coming out

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Vanessa!

On Mar 31, 2020, at 12:57 AM, Vanessa Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Today is Transgender Day of Visibility, and I am coming out publicly as a transgender woman.

My name is Vanessa, and my pronouns are she / her.

Many of you have known me for a long time as Bert Freudenberg. I’m still me, just more so.

I will resubscribe to this list with my new email address, [hidden email].

Cheers!

- Vanessa -

This fills me with such satisfaction, curiosity and delight.  Bert was an amazing man, and one of my dearest friends.  His was a technical opinion I sought, trusted and relied upon, because it was always forthcoming, considered and sane.  So I am already placing a weight on your shoulders Vanessa, one that my inner voice tells me you will be able to bear with grace and wisdom.

Welcome, and thanks for bringing such an illuminating, surprising and delightful light into the world.

xox

Dr. Bert Freudenberg
7275 Franklin Avenue #210
Los Angeles CA 90046
+1 (818) 482-3991

Re: Coming out

Mark Gonzalez/Employee/LW-US

Vanessa,

We are all looking for good news right now, and your announcement came at the right time.

Thanks for clarifying the pronouns, by the way. Here in Sweden we are encouraged to use "hen" (regardless of gender), which is a hybrid pronoun for he/she. English is awkward since referring to a single person as "they" still sounds a bit distant...

All the best with this process, and welcome to the world!

(Love the new email handle, by the way)

Best Regards,

Mark Gonzalez
Tel: +46 (42) 37 58 60
[hidden email]
www.labware.com

From:        "Bert Freudenberg" <[hidden email]>
To:        "Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion" <[hidden email]>, "The general-purpose Squeak developers list" <[hidden email]>
Date:        31/03/2020 10:06
Subject:        [Vm-dev] Coming out
Sent by:        "Vm-dev" <[hidden email]>

Hi all,

Today is Transgender Day of Visibility, and I am coming out publicly as a transgender woman.

My name is Vanessa, and my pronouns are she / her.

Many of you have known me for a long time as Bert Freudenberg. I’m still me, just more so.

I will resubscribe to this list with my new email address, codefrau@....

Cheers!

- Vanessa -

Dr. Bert Freudenberg
7275 Franklin Avenue #210
Los Angeles CA 90046
+1 (818) 482-3991

Re: Coming out

Florin Mateoc-4

Hi Vanessa,

All the best in your new adventure!

Florin

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 3:57 AM Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

Today is Transgender Day of Visibility, and I am coming out publicly as a transgender woman.

My name is Vanessa, and my pronouns are she / her.

Many of you have known me for a long time as Bert Freudenberg. I’m still me, just more so.

I will resubscribe to this list with my new email address, [hidden email].

Cheers!

- Vanessa -

Dr. Bert Freudenberg
7275 Franklin Avenue #210
Los Angeles CA 90046
+1 (818) 482-3991

Re: Coming out

timrowledge

"Welcome back" seems an appropriate sort of greeting

tim
Borrow money from pessimists--they don't expect it back.