Community Edition references to gives muliple windows

Community Edition references to gives muliple windows

TimM-3
In the community edition I have some code that uses the compiler class to
patch several method, with each change designated with a symbol like:
#patch1

When I do a references to #patch1 in the community edition I seem to get two
method browsers? 1 browsers has several methods in it, the other just show 1
changed method.

Equally - I've noticed that the "changed methods" browser only seems to show
the single changed method that the second references browser shows, even
though the symbols from the recompiled methods were all changes that occured
in the new image.

Is this a known bug? Should I bother submitting more details?

Tim

Re: Community Edition references to gives muliple windows

Sean Malloy-11
> In the community edition I have some code that uses the compiler class to
> patch several method, with each change designated with a symbol like:
> #patch1
>
> When I do a references to #patch1 in the community edition I seem to get
> two method browsers? 1 browsers has several methods in it, the other just
> show 1 changed method.

*snip*

> Is this a known bug? Should I bother submitting more details?

I can tell you why it happens. It's not _really_ a bug.. but basically: Pro
gives you the method explorer, CE does not. With you browse refs in Pro 5.x,
you actually specify whether you want local senders, or other refs. In Pro 6
it shows both options in method explorer.. So because CE doesn't come with
the method explorer, you get the two windows..

Personally I would prefer to actually specify whether I want to choose
between local and other, like Dolphin 5.

Re: Community Edition references to gives muliple windows

TimM-3
> I can tell you why it happens. It's not _really_ a bug.. but basically:
> Pro gives you the method explorer, CE does not.

Ahh that makes sense.

I am still concerned that the changed methods browser seems to not report
all changed methods though? Anyone else noticed this?