Comparing a package code with current code

Comparing a package code with current code

Hernan Wilkinson-3
Hi,
 I wanted to migrate TDDFacilities to make it work with Pharo 1.3, but I could not find a way to compare the code that is changed in TDDFacilities from Pharo-Core and others with the code that comes with Pharo 1.3, so it is very dificult to find the changes I have to merge, change, etc... How can I see the differences between code that is in a package and the code in an image?

Thanks
Hernan.

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
Address: Paraguay 523, Floor 7 N, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

fstephany
Hi Hernan,

Can't you use the 'Changes' button on the Monticello browser?

> How can I see the differences between code that is in a
> package and the code in an image?

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

Hernan Wilkinson-3
nop... it does not compare the code from the package and image...
It think I did this before but I don't find the way now.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Francois Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hernan,

Can't you use the 'Changes' button on the Monticello browser?

How can I see the differences between code that is in a
package and the code in an image?

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207
email: [hidden email]
site: http://www.10Pines.com
Address: Paraguay 523, Floor 7 N, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

Johannes Rasche
what else would be compared ?!

anyway I didn't do that, so I cannot judge

I used merge, but that may be cumbersome

Johannes

Johannes Rasche Hagelberger Str. 56 10965 Berlin mail [hidden email] mobile +49 1577 175 04 75

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

Igor Stasenko
changes button always worked for me.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

Hernan Wilkinson-3
yeah... it does not work with this package/image version... maybe something has changed and that is the reason...

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching
Mobile: +54 - 911 - 4470 - 7207
email: [hidden email]
site: http://www.10Pines.com
Address: Paraguay 523, Floor 7 N, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

Hernan Wilkinson-3
Here is a screenshot showing what I get... on the left panel nothing and on the right panel the code of the package... and of course, that method, #debug, is implemented in the current image.

Should I open a defect?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.

Screenshot.png (98K) Download Attachment

Re: Comparing a package code with current code

Igor Stasenko
Can you please try this with latest pharo image?