Comparing a string on Small Talk

pepcoder
Hi,
I have a requirement where i need to compare two arrays based upon a criteria.Please help me out how to do the same.

I have declared an array as : sampleGroup = sampleDataArray[ 1 , 1 ]
Now I have a text named : BRO
I want to check if "sampleGroup" array contains any element which my Text : BRO has then call another method. Please let me know how to do this..I have tried in this way ..but its not working..

For Counter = 1 to sampleGroup

  If ((Counter[1] == "B" )) Then
sqlQuery = ""
sqlQuery = "Select Distinct SAMPLE_GROUP From SAMP
number = SQLSelect(sqlQuery, "Select Sample Group", "sampleGroupArray", "F")
If (( number = 0 ) or ( sqlselectcanceled = TRUE ) ) Then
    Return
EndIf
EndIf

next