Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks

Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – Dear Smalltalkers, Few months ago I started a comparison of Aida, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks, with initial goal to check the strengths a...
On 06/21/2011 01:17 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote: > So, now I'm inviting all of you to take a look at this Google Docs > spreadsheet and comment...
Hi Ramon, First calm down, then approach professionally to such a comparison. More below, S, Ramon Leon piše: > On 06/21/2011 01:17 PM,...
On 06/21/2011 02:01 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote: > First calm down I'm perfectly calm, why would you think otherwise? Don't confuse directnes...
S, Ramon Leon piše: ...(later) >> Tabulation with enter is surely very important for any accounting apps >> where you need to e...
Hi Janko, What are you trying to achieve? Is the idea that we come up with some feature comparison, add up the ticks in the supported column a...
RE: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – Nick, You nailed it. We all know that Smalltalk community is small and, quite possibly, getting smaller, whether we like it or not. The e...
Re: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – It is hard to expect from us others to merge into if even its author admits that Seaside is now obsolete. That is, (from Avi words [1]) Seaside ...
I don't think Avi was talking about better XHR support or clean URLs or external file serving support etcetera (even though Seaside is perfectly c...
Come on… We all know Janko is biased, and the comparison reflects that. But it is not like he wants to take over the world and kill Seaside. Well...
Re: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – S, Runar Jordahl piše: > Come on… We all know Janko is biased, and the comparison reflects that. > But it is not like he wants to take o...
RE: [vwnc] [Seaside] Re: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliadweb frameworks – http://bitquabit.com/post/make-love-not-flamewars/ -Boris From: seaside-bounces@... [mailto:seaside-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Run...
Yes, I think as Boris says, contribution should be easy. The topic _is_ important. Seaside is great but not as great as it could be**. For ex...
Hi Hannes, S, H. Hirzel piše: > I think as Boris says, contribution should be easy. Can you try to copy that spreadsheet and then you ...
On 06/22/2011 09:31 AM, H. Hirzel wrote: > For example I would love to have tables where people can > enter rows and terminate them with t...
Janko, On the web we have an opportunity, are we loosing it? > > That's why I'm pushing this comparison and that's why I'd have and ESU...
Hi Nick, S, Nick Ager piše: > On the web we have an opportunity, are we loosing it? > > That's why I'm pushing this comp...
On 22 Jun 2011, at 22:42, Janko Mivšek wrote: >> Clearly JTalk is innovative. >> Anything similar you'd like to share with us? ...
On 23 Jun 2011, at 09:28, Johan Brichau wrote: > On 22 Jun 2011, at 22:42, Janko Mivšek wrote: > >>> Clearly JTalk is innov...
Hi guys! On 06/22/2011 10:42 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote: >> I've heard rumours that Gilad Bracha has a Newspeak to Javascript >> comp...
At 14:13 22/06/2011, Janko Mivšek wrote: >That's why I'm pushing this comparison Hi Janko, I was wondering how your comparison criteria ...
Hi Nick, Am 21.06.2011 um 23:59 schrieb Nick Ager <nick.ager@...>: > What are you trying to achieve? Is the idea that we come up with...
Hey everyone, On 22 Jun 2011, at 06:29, Michael Haupt wrote: > Consider this a scientific project. An emotion-free attitude helps. :-) ...
Hi Johan, S, Johan Brichau piše: > On 22 Jun 2011, at 06:29, Michael Haupt wrote: > >> Consider this a scientific project. An...
On 6/22/11, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek@...> wrote: ... >> For comparing, it would be really good to have the same application >&...
Interesting thread. A thing I've not read about in the above mails is about security (even when is named in the spreadsheet). In my opinion...
Hello to all again On 6/22/11, Johan Brichau <johan@...> wrote: > Hey everyone, > > On 22 Jun 2011, at 06:29, Michael Haupt w...
>> Again, nothing to do with web frameworks. This all happens in the >> browser, you aren't doing anything that any other website on...
Comparisions have always problems. But at least an attempt to make one and I would like to thank Janko for this. One can improve it - but actu...
RE: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – Janko, The issue with including add-ons in this comparison is fundamental - there's actually a focus in making sure the Seaside core focused an...
Re: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – Hi Boris, We need to set a border to where to go with a comparison and this one has a simple one: out-of the-box features.Wwith few clearly ma...
RE: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – I have to agree with Ramon here and get a sense it would have been a better start to have empty values for Seaside/Iliad and remove items that are...
Hi Janko I'm curious about the features/differences between the three frameworks. However, the current list appears to favour Aida/Web, and ...
Hi Amir, S, AA piše: > I'm curious about the features/differences between the three frameworks. > > However, the current list ap...
Comparison, how to contribute (was Re: Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad...) – Hi guys, The simplest way to contribute is to do a copy this spreadsheet and edit it, so: 1. copy this spreadsheet on your own one, edit, t...
[I missed Seaside list in my response earlier] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2737880/screenshots/pharovsvisualworks.png -Boris...
Hi Janko, but unfortunately Seasiders were not willing to join, with their stated > reason that spreadsheet of comparative features is not ...
2011/6/21 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek@...>: > Dear Smalltalkers, > > Few months ago I started a comparison of Aida, Seaside and I...
This might sound defensive but isn't meant to: the comparison of this frameworks could be an exercise on curiosity but I fail to see real value on...
Thanks, Janko. 2011/6/21 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek@...>: > Dear Smalltalkers, > > Few months ago I started a comparison of A...
what about unit-test coverage and integration-test? 2011/6/21 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek@...> > Dear Smalltalkers, > > Few ...
Re: [aida] [Seaside] Comparison of Aida/Web, Seaside and Iliad web frameworks – Hi Bernardo, For Code statistics covering also tests (but not actual test coverage) see already published stats: https://spreadsheets.googl...