Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

Luc Fabresse
Hi All,

I cannot compile the latest version in SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo.git
My problem is that the  "FiraSans" cannot be found.
But in common.tex, the font path is correctly set up and the font is there.

So on CI which version of luatex is used?
I did not find it in the Jenkins log.

I am using LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/MacPorts 2014_1) (rev 4971)

Cheers,

#Luc

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

Ben Coman
Luc Fabresse wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I cannot compile the latest version in
> SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo.git
> My problem is that the  "FiraSans" cannot be found.
> But in common.tex, the font path is correctly set up and the font is there.
>
> So on CI which version of luatex is used?
> I did not find it in the Jenkins log.
>
> I am using LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/MacPorts 2014_1)
> (rev 4971)
>
> Cheers,
>
> #Luc

I don't know the answer, instead... its an interesting exercise to work
out how to get a shell on the CI slaves
https://wiki.inria.fr/ciportal/Slaves_Access_Tutorial

Then you can check the version yourself :)
Happy fishing...

cheers -ben

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

kilon.alios
have you tried MacTex ?

its what I use with my iMac and so far has been working for me without any issues.

#Luc

kilon alios wrote:
> have you tried MacTex ?
>
> https://tug.org/mactex/
>
> its what I use with my iMac and so far has been working for me without
> any issues.

I also ended up using MaxTex fairly easily.  (I can't remember which
other one originally tried that had some issues.)
cheers -ben

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I cannot compile the latest version in
>     SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo.git
>     My problem is that the  "FiraSans" cannot be found.
>     But in common.tex, the font path is correctly set up and the font is
>     there.
>
>     So on CI which version of luatex is used?
>     I did not find it in the Jenkins log.
>
>     I am using LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/MacPorts
>     2014_1) (rev 4971)
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     #Luc

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

stepharo
Same on my machine :(
So I have a script that copy the chapter in another folder.
TeX sucks!

Stef

#Luc

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

stepharo
The problem is not related to that.
To display the full encoding the guys here (damien * damien) only found
luaTex working.
But LuaTex does not work well on our machines apparently.

Le 29/11/14 02:38, Ben Coman a écrit :

> kilon alios wrote:
>> have you tried MacTex ?
>>
>> https://tug.org/mactex/
>>
>> its what I use with my iMac and so far has been working for me
>> without any issues.
>
> I also ended up using MaxTex fairly easily.  (I can't remember which
> other one originally tried that had some issues.)
> cheers -ben
>

>> On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Luc Fabresse
>>
>>     Hi All,
>>
>>     I cannot compile the latest version in
>>     SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo.git
>>     My problem is that the  "FiraSans" cannot be found.
>>     But in common.tex, the font path is correctly set up and the font is
>>     there.
>>
>>     So on CI which version of luatex is used?
>>     I did not find it in the Jenkins log.
>>
>>     I am using LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/MacPorts
>>     2014_1) (rev 4971)
>>
>>     Cheers,
>>
>>     #Luc

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

Luc Fabresse

can one of you just give me the result of:

luatex -v

that works compiling the chapter.
then, I will investigate.

#Luc

The problem is not related to that.
To display the full encoding the guys here (damien * damien) only found luaTex working.
But LuaTex does not work well on our machines apparently.

Le 29/11/14 02:38, Ben Coman a écrit :

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

    Hi All,

    I cannot compile the latest version in
    SquareBracketAssociates/EnterprisePharo.git
    My problem is that the  "FiraSans" cannot be found.
    But in common.tex, the font path is correctly set up and the font is
    there.

    So on CI which version of luatex is used?
    I did not find it in the Jenkins log.

    I am using LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/MacPorts
    2014_1) (rev 4971)

    Cheers,

    #Luc

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

Luc Fabresse

now I can compile.
I've pushed some fixes on github, we will see if it now breaks for other ;-)

@Stef:
$ luatex -v
This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014/MacPorts 2014_3) (rev 4971)

do a macport update if you do not have this version.
$ sudo port selfupdate
$ sudo port update outdated

Then, you should be able to compile the latest version on github.

Cheers,

#Luc

can one of you just give me the result of:

luatex -v

that works compiling the chapter.
then, I will investigate.

#Luc

The problem is not related to that.
To display the full encoding the guys here (damien * damien) only found luaTex working.
But LuaTex does not work well on our machines apparently.

Le 29/11/14 02:38, Ben Coman a écrit :

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

[...]

his is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.79.1 (TeX Live 2014) (rev 4971)

Execute  'luatex --credits'  for credits and version details.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is covered by
the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option)
any later version. For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the LuaTeX source.

Copyright 2014 Taco Hoekwater, the LuaTeX Team.
Le 29/11/14 09:23, Luc Fabresse a écrit :
> luatex -v

Re: Compilation error of the PharoEnterprise book with luatex

stepharo
great now I can compile :)
About your question about moving

    PharoWebStack should be renamed PharoWeb: a Tutorial

    EntreprisePharo should be renamed PharoWebStack
    But I do not know how to do that on github.

Stef

Le 29/11/14 23:22, Luc Fabresse a écrit :

[...]

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

[...]

cool!

About your question about moving

    PharoWebStack should be renamed PharoWeb: a Tutorial

    EntreprisePharo should be renamed PharoWebStack

ok

    But I do not know how to do that on github.

I do not know

Luc

[...]

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

[...]

someone did not watch my video tutorial about github ;D

go to your github repo front page on the right side you will see an icon labeled settings click on it and the first setting will you see is how to rename the repo.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

[...]

oh my bad, I had it in one of the early drafts of the video tutorial (had to do several times to cut it down to 10 minutes) but I forgot to include it. Anyway this is how you do it.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 10:33 AM, kilon alios <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

[...]

;-)

but I forgot to include it. Anyway this is how you do it.

Thx Kilon

Luc

[...]

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/

[...]

EstebanLM

On 01 Dec 2014, at 09:51, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:

someone did not watch my video tutorial about github ;D

go to your github repo front page on the right side you will see an icon labeled settings click on it and the first setting will you see is how to rename the repo.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
great now I can compile :)
About your question about moving

    PharoWebStack should be renamed PharoWeb: a Tutorial

    EntreprisePharo should be renamed PharoWebStack
    But I do not know how to do that on github.

it is quite simple: go to the project, go to settings (in the right side), then rename repository.
… and of course you will need to do a new clone (with the new name)

Esteban

[...]

kilon alios wrote:
have you tried MacTex ?

https://tug.org/mactex/