CompileFailedMethod

Steve Alan Waring
Hi Blair,

With all patches installed:

==========
In the SystemBrowser, select "Instance" mode, select the "Variables" pane
and make a selection in the "Methods" pane. Now select the "Class comment"
and Accept It. This switches from the comment back to the method source.

==========
Stepping into a CompileFailedMethod.

File this in:

!Ball methodsFor!
thisIsACompilationFailure
|temp |
temp := notDefined!
sendFailure
self thisIsACompilationFailure! !

and debug and step into:

    Ball new sendFailure

This gives me a UndefinedObject dnu #sourceDescriptor:

I was trying to reproduce the following walkback which I got under similar
circumstances:

8:09:15 AM, Thursday, 18 April 2002: Unhandled exception - a
BoundsError('Index 1 is out of bounds')
StackFrame(Object)>>errorSubscriptBounds:
StackFrame>>at:
[] in Debugger>>updateTemporaries
OrderedCollection>>from:to:keysAndValuesDo:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>from:keysAndValuesDo:
OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
Debugger>>updateTemporaries
Debugger>>displayFrame
Debugger>>onFrameSelected
EventMessageSend>>forwardTo:withArguments:
EventMessageSend>>value
[] in EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
EventMessageSequence>>messagesDo:
EventMessageSequence(MessageSequenceAbstract)>>value
EventsCollection>>triggerEvent:
ListPresenter(Object)>>trigger:
ListBox(BasicListAbstract)>>onSelectionChanged
ListPresenter(SelectableItemsPresenter)>>onSelectionChanged
ListBox(BasicListAbstract)>>onSelChanged:
ListBox(BasicListAbstract)>>onSelChanging

Thanks,
Steve

Re: CompileFailedMethod

Blair McGlashan
"Steve Waring" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Hi Blair,
>
> With all patches installed:

> In the SystemBrowser, select "Instance" mode, select the "Variables" pane
> and make a selection in the "Methods" pane. Now select the "Class comment"
> and Accept It. This switches from the comment back to the method source.

Thanks Steve, #869 (but will deferred for a future release at present).

> Stepping into a CompileFailedMethod.

Again thanks, #872.

Regards

Blair