CompiledMethod asString is a text

12

Re: CompiledMethod asString is a text

Stéphane Ducasse

> It was. In the past. But I don't live in the past. I live in the present. And in the present, Squeak has moved on. We're past that. We have a great system, a great community, a great contribution process. If you look at the last eight months we've had more contributions than in the previous five years together, both small and large. We have *serious* momentum. We have Etoys and Croquet/Cobalt moving back to Squeak. We'll be having the *second* release this year in three weeks we may even have a third release this year if the momentum keeps up.
>
> In any case we're *way* past the issues you mention. Everyone who wants to help Squeak is welcome to contribute[1]. That includes you and Stef. You have standing invitations to join the Squeak core developers so if you have any interest in Squeak left, you'll pick that invitation up and help make Squeak better.

We are already helping squeak a lot. Now we have our vision for Pharo and we will continue it.

> At least that's how I judge if someone really loves Squeak - not whether he says it but whether he *does* something to improve it.

You have love seasons and lovers attitude for each period of your life and I think that now we are in pharo of
beaches and boats passing around :)

Re: CompiledMethod asString is a text

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 1, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> We are already helping squeak a lot. Now we have our vision for Pharo and we will continue it.

which does not preclude us from working together, of course.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.