Compiling documents with Pillar

Myroslava Romaniuk
Hi,

how do I compile a document using Pillar if I want to get a PDF? I tried googling but didn't get anything helpful. Btw I'm using Windows.

Thanks,
Myroslava

Re: Compiling documents with Pillar

ghoetker
Thanks goodness I'm not the only one who had trouble finding how to do this. I also look forward to the answer.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 23, 2017, at 11:29 AM, Myroslava Romaniuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> how do I compile a document using Pillar if I want to get a PDF? I tried googling but didn't get anything helpful. Btw I'm using Windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Myroslava

Glenn Hoetker
ghoetker@me.com
http://hoetker.faculty.asu.edu

Re: Compiling documents with Pillar

philippeback

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Myroslava Romaniuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

how do I compile a document using Pillar if I want to get a PDF? I tried googling but didn't get anything helpful. Btw I'm using Windows.

Thanks,
Myroslava

Re: Compiling documents with Pillar

Damien Pollet-2
Docker provides a working and sufficiently complete TeX installation which is used on Travis to build the most recent books (e..g the booklets with the blue cover plus a couple other ones). But the build itself relies on makefiles, templates etc. Pillar is only one step in that process.

Currently I'd advise checking the books from https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates that have recent changes and a successful build on Travis, and checking their build process. The build process has evolved this last spring, so it might differ from books that were not updated recently.

Other than that Stef and I are probably the most able to mentor someone about Pillar, unfortunately we're currently both on holidays for a couple of weeks.