Compiling pillar documents in Windows

nacho
Is it possible to compile pillar documents under windows?
I have no problem in doing that in my OSX machine, but I need it to do it in Windows and can't figure it out. Guess support is only for *NIX os?
thanks in advance
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: Compiling pillar documents in Windows

philippeback
I am doing my pillar work in CentOS Linux and Ubuntu 14.

Now, I think you can get it working in Windows but the main issue will be generating PDF files as the system uses pdflatex and I don't know how to do that in Windows.

HTH,
Phil

-----
Nacho
Smalltalker apprentice.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: Compiling pillar documents in Windows

nacho
Phil,
Exactly that's my point I don't know if its possible to generate PDFs in Windows. In OSX works fine...because pdf2latex is there....
Thanks

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA
Prosavic SRL

Tel: (011) 4542-6714

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Damien Cassou

nacho writes:

> Is it possible to compile pillar documents under windows?
> I have no problem in doing that in my OSX machine, but I need it to do it in
> Windows and can't figure it out. Guess support is only for *NIX os?
> thanks in advance

I already configured pillar to work on Mark's Windows laptop. Mark, can
you please answer?

Best,

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Ignacio Sniechowski writes:

> Phil,
> Exactly that's my point I don't know if its possible to generate PDFs in
> Windows. In OSX works fine...because pdf2latex is there....

you can generate HTML locally and let a continuous integration server
build pdf. You can use https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/ if you
want.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Compiling pillar documents in Windows

Luc Fabresse
And if you really need to generate the pdf on Windows, you can install http://miktex.org.
It provides a full LaTeX environment (including pdflatex) for Windows.

#Luc

Ignacio Sniechowski writes:

> Phil,
> Exactly that's my point I don't know if its possible to generate PDFs in
> Windows. In OSX works fine...because pdf2latex is there....

you can generate HTML locally and let a continuous integration server
build pdf. You can use https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/ if you
want.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Re: Compiling pillar documents in Windows

nacho
Thank you Damien & Luc
I think miktek will do the trick!
cheers
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: Compiling pillar documents in Windows

Offray
Hi,

Also you can think check out luatex[1][2]. Its size is small, offers
programmability via Lua and runs on windows. By the way, I'm starting a
conversation on Moose mailing list about new ways of making structured
interactive documentation on Pharo/Moose. Still alpha/rookie code with
unanswered questions, but progressing continuously.

[1] http://luatex.org/
[2] http://luatex.org/download.html
[3]
http://forum.world.st/Iceberg-metaphor-for-writing-dataviz-or-How-to-avoid-revisiting-nodes-in-a-tree-for-getting-proper-u-td4800738.html